Can I call the cops on my ex?

My boyfriend moved in almost six months ago and he was only supposed to stay for three weeks as a favor but we decided to let him stay and see if we could make it work. He has never given me Rent money and I am only on the lease. The apartments won't even let him rent there because he has a marijanna charge against him. I told him I want him out on Friday and he says he isn't leaving can I call the cops?

Most Helpful Guy

• As a former law enforcement employee, technically he has established residence at the home therefore you will have to go through the courts to have him evicted. There are ways that officers can assist you with getting him out of the home. What you should do is contact the nonemergency line of your local sheriffs department ask to speak to an officer via phone. They will either have someone they can transfer you to or take your number and have them call you back. One way to get him out immediately is if he has been violent towards you recently.

What Guys Said 3

• I wish I knew for sure. But it sounds like a restraining order might be the only way. If I were giving advice, I'd say work it out personally until you know you're getting no where, then talk to a lawyer. My guess is that if you call the cops and they find that someone you invited into your home has overstayed his welcome but not broken any laws, then they're going to be annoyed as they leave. If however they catch him blazing one, you're both on the hook.

• Yup, you can. If you call it trespassing, you can.

• Yes, you can. Change the locks, don't give him a key, and tell the cops he's an intruder. Problem solved.

What Girls Said 1

• You can call the cops for any reason you want. Whether or not they will do anything is another question.