For girls: a question about GIGS?

Hey girls, so just a quick question.. What's your opinion on 'Grass is greener syndrome'? Is it a valid feeling in long term relationships? I only ask as my ex girlfriend of 2 years and 4 months broke up with me at university as she wanted to she wanted to kiss other people or something similar and I was wondering if it was a common occurrence. I should note that we were each other's firsts also.
Just a quick update... I have also found out that she dates a boy (who she cheated on me with, even though her cheating on me said it made her realise how much she loved me...) so I was wondering whether this could possibly be a rebound? I'm glad she's happy of course as she's given me nothing but a perfect time throughout our relationship but of course, I do want her back! Just want girls opinions on GIGS or rebounds?

20