Should I be there for my ex girlfriend?

So, the ex I had arrested, I dropped the charges because she's only 19. I didn't want to mess her life up. She slapped me after we broke up. I thought about getting back with her. But I chose not to. However, something bad happened.

She got a new boyfriend and we went our separate ways for good. Then her friends told me her new bf beat her up. Basically, she's a victim of domestic violence. I saw the pictures and it was bad! Her friends told me she wants me to be there for her but I don't know. What should I do?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• She's old enough to take care of herself and she has friends who care for her. It's not really your problem anymore. She's your ex and your situation sounds dodgy with her. I wouldn't waste my own energy on that if I were you. Put her in the past and leave it there. It sounds harsh but the truth is you can't take responsibility for her life and actions. I think there will be more trouble than good done if you go back and try to be in her life again at this point.