Why is it after 6 months I am finally getting nightmares that my ex boyfriend is going to beat me?

so i dated this guy on and off for a year and i thought i did love him but towards the end of our relationship i started crushing huge on my guy best friend which caused countless fight with me and my boyfriend. I was always afraid that he would hit me or hurt me cause of how angry he would get. I broke up with him and in 3 days i was going out with my best friend.
I ignore him the best i can, i get anexity from hearing his name and even within the last two weeks one of my friends was wearing his hoodie to school and i got very aniexous. But a couple of nights ago I woke up screaming because in my dream he had beat me and hit me. my current boyfriend says i shouldn't worry about it because i never see him anymore but I'm still so afraid something is going to happen if i do see him

02

Most Helpful Guy

• get a restraining order, end of problem