How can you get over someone?

After you have broken up what is the best way to forget and move on?

73

Most Helpful Guy

• When I lose a girl i really liked my thought process will be like this: Fine, it's her loss. I know myself and i know many other girls would love to have me especially when they know what i'm all about.

i also find it really helpful to use that as a fuel to better myself, all the sadness/anger i have turns into an explosive burning fuel that i'l use to better myself and exercise HARDER. When i exercise really really hard and push myself to the limit i become very satisfied of myself especially when i realize i exhausted my arms or legs too much that i can barely carry a plate of food without my arms shaking, my satisfaction increases even more when i wake up the next day really sore. Just 5-6 days ago i lost someone i really liked and that made me break a lot of personal records because of all that extra energy i had from my feelings. All that in turn makes me way more confident because i know i became stronger.

I just hope u play a sport or something so this can be helpful for u :p , if u don't then i suggest u start doing some. There is no better feeling than having self satisfaction, when u r satisfied with urself and who r u and know what u r capable of... there will be no one that can put u down.

• correction for the last 2 lines; i meant "when u r satisfied with urself and who U R" not who r u lol

• i'm glad u found this helpful

What Guys Said 2

• It's hard... very hard... but keeping busy.
    When you think of them... try to think of something you have to do. Keep a busy schedule. Talk to people but not about your ex.

• Find someone else is what I've been told.

What Girls Said 7

• -Put a calender near your bed. After each month goes by, mark off the month or mark off every day. Remind yourself often that it REALLY DOES get better in time. I've found that it kind of makes the time go by faster to do this and the next thing you know it'll be six months or more from the breakup and so many new things will have happened. Be patient and give it time.
    -Look up 'moving on quotes' on Google images
    -Write down things you're happy about and things you have to be excited about.
    -distract yourself and combine activities. For example, listen to music+read a book, exercise+listen to music, do a word search+eat+listen to music. As you can see, music is my life lol
    -watch funny and entertaining videos on YouTube. Impractical Jokers, Family Guy, buzz feed videos. Laughing always feels good :)
    -Flirt with other people and/or have a crush on someone else. Enjoy your freedom.
    -Do your hair and/or makeup differently. Feel good about yourself. Write down what you like about yourself
    -Clean and organize. It'll make you feel good to have things nice&neat
    -Don't think about 'what if's'. You can't change what already happened, so it's a waste of time imagining things happening differently.

• Sorry to hear if you did just get of a relationship (if you did) other then that what I usually do is stick some earphones in my ears, and listen to some "hardcore crazy" music. I remove everything from the house he has brought for me (and I mean everything) chuck it in a garbage bag and give it to chairty. Hmm and just get hobbies. I do archery. It will take time. Easier said then done babe but you will get over him. Surround yourself with people who you want to be with. Family and friends are the people I surrounded myself with.

• You have to distract yourself and it takes time to move on from someone you don't just forget your ex in a day it takes more than that. It could take days, weeks, or even months or even up a year who knows. It took me like 8 months to get over my ex, and its been 8 months since he and I have talked. I wouldn't say find a new person so quickly, I would distance myself from my ex and move on with my life. Socialize and talk to other people, get yourself out there and known. You are going to have to try to move on somehow the best way that you can. I'm not saying it'll be easy I'm just saying it'll be worth it. My ex and I go to the same school but no we do not talk whatsoever. He cheated on me with some girl, etc. So I just moved on with my life and talked to other people. You have to distract yourself, if you need to distance yourself from them then do it.

• the best way to get over someone is to find someone new who's better than your last one.

• By not trying to forcefully forget them. Distance only causes the opposite.

• Keep busy! Do things for yourself. Do a challenge... set goals and rewards! Count your blessings everyday! That's what I have been told and it's been working for me

• Get under someone else ;)