I asked him to leave... He keeps texting me... And wants to just take a break?

My boyfriend and I were together for almost 2 years and lived together for 1 1/2 years. We got along great and had a lot of fun together. With the exception of one thing. I didn't like when he drank, which was a few times a week. I would ask him to cut down a little and he would get an attitude. I just wanted to feel like how I felt about the situation was important to him. I guess I was nagging.

During a fight on Saturday I told him to leave. He did after taking the clothes I threw at him. Then at 9am on Sunday morning he started texting me asking how I was. We texted back and forth for most of the day and he came over to get the rest of his things. He stayed for a while and we both sat and cried and talked admitting that we both still love each other. He brought up just taking a break. He is staying with his cousin but wants to come back over this weekend. I'm not sure what to think about all of this. If it's break why would he want to come over this weekend, he even brought up staying the weekend. I have never had a relationship go through this, they have ended and that was it. I'm just sad and confused. I don't know what I want and what to think of the way he acting and what he is saying. Why would take all his stuff but still talk about paying me his portion of the rent this week?

11