I asked him to leave... He keeps texting me... And wants to just take a break?

My boyfriend and I were together for almost 2 years and lived together for 1 1/2 years. We got along great and had a lot of fun together. With the exception of one thing. I didn't like when he drank, which was a few times a week. I would ask him to cut down a little and he would get an attitude. I just wanted to feel like how I felt about the situation was important to him. I guess I was nagging.

During a fight on Saturday I told him to leave. He did after taking the clothes I threw at him. Then at 9am on Sunday morning he started texting me asking how I was. We texted back and forth for most of the day and he came over to get the rest of his things. He stayed for a while and we both sat and cried and talked admitting that we both still love each other. He brought up just taking a break. He is staying with his cousin but wants to come back over this weekend. I'm not sure what to think about all of this. If it's break why would he want to come over this weekend, he even brought up staying the weekend. I have never had a relationship go through this, they have ended and that was it. I'm just sad and confused. I don't know what I want and what to think of the way he acting and what he is saying. Why would take all his stuff but still talk about paying me his portion of the rent this week?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Because he's trying to be a decent guy about it and not leave you hanging on the rent. He wants to be with you this weekend to see how your feelings are and if anything's changed.

What about his drinking bothered you?

0|0
    0|0
    • I just felt like he drank too much.

I guess I'm just confused if he wants to try and work things out or move on. For him to take his things seems so final to me but then to want to hang out and spend the weekend seems like maybe he wants to work it out.

He just text me a good morning text... I don't even know if I should answer him. Does he want to work it out and he's trying to feeling me out. I brought up separating our cell phone bills etc. and he really doesn't want to do that.

• Show All
    • What do you mean? Fine with the relationship being over? Or do you think he fine with this new arrangement? He gets to hang out with his cousin during the week and be with me on the weekend. Should I ignore his texts?

• No, he was fine with the relationship prior to you throwing his clothes in his face. He's trying to still be with you and hope that this fight will calm things down so that you can be together eventually.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he wants time to consider his options. He may be asking himself if he can really cut back on the drinking to keep you in his life. The break was to give you both time to decide without feeling pressured or pressed for a rush decision. Sounds like he really deeply cares for you as his mate.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think he really does care to. Everyone keeps telling me to ignore his texts to make him miss me. What do you think?

• Show All
    • Yeah, it's one of those, "until you've been there" situations. Just remember that you need to put you first. Make sure you're own needs will be met in whatever decision you make. If you're not happy with yourself, you won't be happy with him in your life either. Good luck, and trust your gut. It's often smarter than your head ;)

• Thank you for the advice :)

Recommended myTakes