Girlfriend broke up with me over lies?

Hey guys!
My girlfriend has recently broke up with me over me lying about speaking to my ex.

My ex messaged me a few months back and i replied to her. It was nothing sinister as i would never cheat.. and i love my girlfriend very much. But I didn't tell my girlfirend even though she had asked if my ex was in contact with me. I knew if i told her she would have went nuts so i felt it was easier just to say no. My girlfriend has some insecurites and has been cheated on before in a prevoius relationship.

Fast forward to now and my girlfriend has broken up with me! saying I've lied and she can never trust me again etc...

I really want her back and i really want to make this work because i would never do anything to intentionally hurt her. I would do anything for her and have done everything for her that she's needed.

what i need to know is... Can i salvage this? and how can i go about it?

Thanks alot! its still very raw at the minute as the breakup was yesterday but i really want her back.

02

Most Helpful Guy

• Produce the email and show it to her. See if she'll believe you.

• I dont have the mail anymore... I deleted it because my girlfriend may have looked and seen it... and i didn't want her to ever think i would do anything to hurt her.

• I totally agree.. She can be a bit controlling and possessive i suppose! Thank you for your opinion... I dont know how i play this out though in trying to rebuild my relationship?

• I say you just admit your mistakes, promise to not ever lie to her in the future and ask if she'd consider getting back together.