I am in my 40's single mom of 3 boy's. I was dating a guy in his late 40's for 5 months. I met his sister & children thinking that things were moving?

as they should. He suddenly decided to breakup with me telling that we don't have a lot in common. He also said that he didn't see a long term only a short term with me. I am just upset that my kid's were introduced to this person.
Can anyone give me some input?

I am in my 40's single mom of 3 boy's. I was dating a guy in his late 40's for 5 months. I met his sister & children thinking that things were moving as they should. He suddenly decided to breakup with me telling that we don't have a lot in common. He also said that he didn't see a long term only a short term with me. I am just upset that my kid's were introduced to this person.
Can anyone give me some input on why he made the decision for us to breakup without discussing it with me?

01

What Guys Said 1

• Not sure exactly what kind of input you are specifically seeking here so I will just tell you a few things that come to mind..

First I think you are completely justified in thinking that things were moving forward seeing as you met his sister and his children.

And second I think that it is a good thing that you are upset that this person has met your children seeing as he broke it off with you. I think that says a lot about you as a mother.

It seems unfortunate the way this turned out, but none the less I would just chalk it up to experience points. Maybe next time be a little more careful and make sure the relationship is headed in a more solid direction before introducing them to the kids? And this is not to insinuate that you used poor judgement in the first place btw..

Anyways, those are my thoughts and again I think it's a great thing that you take care in your decision making in introducing a male figure to your children, you sound like you are a great mother.

What Girls Said 0