My ex is nervous around me, why?

My ex boyfriend of 3 years and I broke up over two months ago. He initiated it, although it was pretty much mutual. We've spoken three times since the break up as we work in the same building.

The last time we spoke (yesterday) it started due to work-related conversation which was normal and friendly, although it turned to small talk to avoid standing in silence whilst I got him to fill out a form for me. He completely shut down on me and was very nervous, I asked him questions about his recent holiday and how he was, and got short responses back. I know what he's like and he had no idea what to say to me because he was nervous.

Why would he behave this way? I thought he was doing fine, I've heard from mutual friends that he's going out again and meeting girls. I'm confused as to why my presence would make him act completely weird when I thought that he's fine...

11