My ex boyfriend/fiance sent me pictires he found of us and then asked several questions? leaving me confused?

So my ex broke it off with me again for the third time 4 1/2 months ago. I could see him wanting to leave and that he didn't want me anymore. We had a rocky past and in all honesty I am better off. After the break up I found a new job and moved three states away. He said he wanted to remain friends. I have gotten text from him maybe 3 times saying he misses me and "our" dog. He send me a text with pictures of us from a photobooth and our engagement photo saying, "look what I found today." I said yea I still have them all. He asked me how I was doing and how "our" dog is doing. I said he is doing fine. He then asked "wbu are you ever coming back home?" I said in may. He responded back with, "why not xmas?" I have to work and my family is coming down here. So i in turn ask him why did he ask if I was ever coming back home? He said to see if I was going to see my family. It completely sound like he is dancing around the question. I don't think i am misinterpreting his thoughts behind him asking it. I would like to know if he is just fishing for emotions of hurt to make himself feel better or iF he really still cares or has feelings for me.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't spent to much time fussing over this right now. If he does really still care for you, I think you'll find out later down the road. The real question though, is which of the two options would you like to be true?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't overthink it. You've broken up 3 times already so obviously it's not going to work anytime soon. He probably misses you, but that doesn't mean you should consider going back with him especially if you have a new job and are happy. He should've appreciated you when he had you, you know?