What is the best way to communicate with an ex boyfriend?

I recently ended a complicated relationship with my boyfriend of 3 years. It went well and it was long overdue. he was surprised by my decision but he accepted. Now the tricky thing is that we are currently working on a project and he is my superior in that project and I need his input most of the time. I text him and I keep it short and to the point but I feel like I am invading his privacy and interrupting his healing process. I need to communicate with him but I don't know how to go about doing it without being in his face. In real life, its awkward to go up and ask him something because he is always surrounded by people and I don't feel comfortable. When I text him, he either ignores my texts or he replies with one word 10 hours after I text him. I didn't contact him for a few days after the break up to give him a bit of time but we really need to finish this project and the sooner. I don't want to rub salt into his wounds but I don't want to put things on hold either. I am very polite with him but I don't know what to do. Any advice?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• There's not much real good advice anyone can give you need to just finish the project and move forward because it's going to be awkward and weird no matter what you or him do unless you get back together.

Most Helpful Girl

• The best way to communicate with an ex is to not do it at all