I want to get divorced?

i want to get divorced but my husband won't agree how can i convince him? i don't want to stay with him at all

86

Most Helpful Guy

• start fucking other people... quickest way in my opinion.
    If that doesn't send a message then you should just leave and send the papers later.

What Guys Said 5

• Pack your bags and leave for good.

• Hire a lawyer, that is the only way you can find out how to go about gettin a divorce if you can't convince him.

• Have you actually got a reason, or are you like most other women who want a divorce? It can make a big difference.

• yes i do have reasons

• Hire a lawyer file paper work.

• Don't get married young

• too late

• ammm how do you know that i am not 25 ? you are just generalizing things because girls nowadays do this but i am 25 and this isn't 15 and married i am actually 25

• Asker
      (18 to 24)
      Speaks for itself. Even if you are what you claim. You rushed into marriage and now you don't like it so you want to run away. Marriage is a life commitment you don't just get sick of it or leave when times are hard

What Girls Said 8

• I still have a husband out in Egypt who I came back to the states and left behind, thinking I was going to return to. We have had many ups and downs, break ups and make ups, but bottom line---He doesn't want to really divorce me and is still hoping I will return and have a future with me.
    He is taking this "Divorce dramas" hard, your hubby. And he doesn't want to lose you. It sounds as though he will fight tooth and nail to hold on to you so this delicate matter has to be handled with kid gloves.
    I would suggest for now, Taking a break, perhaps moving out to take your break, take your space and do some soul searching. And if it is what you find you really do want, find a lawyer and talk to him of getting the process started. However, for now, expect a problem child and there isn't anything Tougher, sweetie.
    For now, being this all new, he is hurt, has resentment, he will be stubborn. But in time, if the War of the Roses continues down beaten path, he most likely will eventually come to his senses and let go and let God.
    Good luck. xx

• I understand completely what you are going through. I won't judge your reasons, only you can know those. If you have made up your mind 100% you need to sit down with him and tell him very calmly and bluntly of your decision. If you have already tried that and it doesn't work, your next step is to pack your bags and leave. Go to your family or even get an apartment if you have to. Make sure you have a strong support group. File the papers as quickly as possible.
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope whatever happens it's for the best.

• You don't need his aproval. You can just leave and stayed married after a period of time I'm pretty sure you don't need anything from him or you can just take him to court now

• Tell him he's gonna leave voluntarily or involuntarily 😁😉 he'll get the picture GOOD LUCK!!!

• Have you tried couples therapy?

• Start filing the paperwork and have him served. Im not sure where you live. But in the US, you dont need both parties to agree to the divorce, it just takes longer if one doesn't agree.

• You don't have to convince him of anything, get a lawyer and file for divorce.

• why not look for alternative solutions?
    there are LOTS of couples who were planning for a divorce but instead are now celebrating their 50th anniversary or something lol

try counseling, self help books (mars and venus books maybe), friends and family opinions... etc

• no no i can't live with him i am done it is too much

• yes he did

• i hate to see homes getting torn apart and i personally try to help in any way to save a relationship if i could but personally i dont respect a male who lays hands on a woman and find it disgusting

i guess its up to you now, and im sorry you went/are going through this <3