I can't seem to move on and neither can he but yet why won't get back together?

So basically my bf of 3 years broke up with me about two months ago. We had a goooood relationship. We always worked out our arguments and his daughter and family loved me. They would always ask when we were getting married. So naturally I pushed the issuer. He told me he didn't feel right staying with or breaking up with me. So he said breaking up witll force the issue to see if he really does miss me. So when we broke up he said that if we do get back together he would propose. We talked Sunday and he said I haven't give. Him enough time. Of coarse he will still miss me after 2 months. Then I told him to stop giving me false hope and just end things right there. That his relationship will never happen. He told me he couldn't say that.
My question is why does he keep giving me this hope?
Does he think he will get back together with me eventually?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• So he broke up with you to see if he misses you? That's one dumb ass reason sounds like he's hooking up with someone else or something to be honest and that might explain why he's waiting it out or I could be wrong and maybe he just wanted to see if he actually missed you and you bugging him is making him not miss you who really knows.

Anyways he could be giving you this hope to play with you, because he's unsure, because he enjoys having you locked while he's out having fun who knows. I mean it seems like he wants to get back together with you eventually yeah but for all we know he could not as well and just be messing with you or doing something else or seeing if he can find someone better while he makes you wait who really knows.

What Guys Said 3

• I did a similar thing to my (ex) gf of two years. I was never really sure if she was the one I wanted to settle down with, and felt the need to date around to get a better feel for what I wanted. Like the guy in question here, I kind of left the possibility of reconciliation open, truly because I wasn't sure. Ultimately, in my case, I'm glad I broke up with her because I dont think we were right for each other. It took me around 1.5 years after the breakup before I came to that realization though.

• 3 years... there's a sting right there. so.. im seeing a lot of things.. but not the real reason behind the break up.. just a generated hint.

• In the course of dating you for a number of years, he is well aware of the person you are, his feelings for you, and the extent in which you embody the characteristics of what he perceives as an ideal wife. And, if it suffices to take the relationship further.

Breaking up with you with the intent of reevaluating the relationship and his feelings for you is simply an excuse to avoid addressing the real reasons he did not propose to you. Therefor, two, three, or four months apart from you will likely prove utterly pointless, as it will not resolve the issues in place in regards to his willingness to marry you.

I'm convinced, indeed, he is giving you false hope. He does not want you to move on, but he does want to promise you something he incapable of giving, or is unready to give to you.

What Girls Said 2

• I think he does, I have a similar issue with my ex we also broke up 2 months back. He won't confirm either way. He knows I want him so his in no rush to make a choice. I think he does want to be with you but is a typical guy and is scared of commitment. Me and my ex were together 5yrs talked about everything together for our future.

• He is probably being honest about being 'unsure' about your relationship. However, I don't think that's a good sign for the future. Like mrock said, he'd been in that situation before too, and ended up not with the girl in question. I think if you are that doubtbul, it's not right. Love is also a decision, not just a feeling. If he can't without a doubt know that he loves you unconditionally, it's not right. He shouldn't have so much doubt that you need to break up so he can explore that feeling some more. . . I think it's over.