So what does 'I don't know what I want, we work better this way" mean?

Long story short: My ex of 4 years broke up with me two months ago, and we live together. Neither of us can move out for financial reasons/we're on a lease until June. We both split rent, and utilities.
Anyways, I know what I've done wrong, I've changed (nagging was the biggest thing), and I've been 'normal' and trying to get him back. He usually gets mad and leaves the room when I bring up our break up but yesterday he didn't. He talked to me (well I did most of the talking), and he said that he just doesn't know right now and that we work better 'this way' (roommates?). Anyways, he's been sleeping in my bed, we act like a couple, do things together, etc. And his mom told me to just give it time because now he knows i miss him and he can see me changing.
Also, side note; he hasn't deleted any pictures of us on Facebook or instagram? Most of the captions are something along the lines of 'future wife' 'love of my life' 'favourite person' etc. So I don't know? Should I just wait?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with his mom. Just keep focusing on being good and changing what was wrong with the relationship.

• Do you think living with him puts me at an advantage for getting him back?

• What kind of boundaries

• Don't let him act like you are a couple of he isn't wanting to reconcile

What Guys Said 2

• if you wait, don't act like before. you two broke up but still act like you're together, that's not cool. in particular, the sleeping in the same bed and cuddling stuff.

• Do you think waiting but keeping space is a good idea?

• Ya it doesn't make sense to me either. It's like he's stringing me along so that I'm a safety net.

• yes that is definitely 1 possible scenario, and its very selfish. that's what separates him from being a man and a boy.

• I agree with everyone including his mom. In time he will see the change. It sounds like he wanted a "break" not a break up. You do need to keep boundaries, otherwise he will see you as a "Plan B" AKA you will always be there. I have been "that guy" years back, and when I know a female will be there, even if she has a man, I have taken advantage of it. When a woman starts setting boundaries then a guy will be forced to make a decision

• Boundaries as in how I would treat a roommate? Can we still go out and see movies and stuff? I feel like I should stop that too so he sees what he's missing without me? Like obviously be a friend, get along with him, etc. but no more sleeping in the same room, hanging out all the time, etc? Is that what you're getting at?

• By continuing the positive changes that you are doing. Since he allowed you to talk about the break up, then it shouldn't be discussed anymore... unless he bring sit up because you did most of the talking. By you doing that, you will start to rekindle the flame. From what you said, it seems like he still has feelings for you

• Okay thank you!

What Girls Said 1

• i vant live with a nigga and we broke up parents house here i come