Why is it that when a girl is dumped or in a relationship with a guy and they break up she suddenly has this "I'm happy single attitude?"?

I see this a lot in real life
A girl will be in a relationship and if they break up all of a sudden she wants to hang out with her friends that she rarely hanged out with when she was in a relationship and she tells her friends I'm happy single or I don't need a man or she acts overly happy to the point that it looks fake.

When she was singing a different tune when she was in a relationship

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, usually they're lying to themselves; trying to hide that they're feeling like emotional wrecks. And above all else she must make her boyfriend believe she doesn't care. Ironic considering how guys does rarely care about a girl if we dump her for a reason.

it's a quite silly defence mechanism.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Would you rather her sing "I hate my life and I hate everything. And the sky is black to me. And I hope my ex dies, and I'm gonna kill myself, because I have nothing I live for anymore. And I'm giving up because I need him and I can't live with lout him. He's my sun my moon and my starts I miss you babe". No it's good that they're embracing being single, they're embracing that this is their like right now and there's nothing wrong with that. Also the relationship could have sucked for the both of them, so once they got out maybe they realized they where miserable before

1|0
    0|0
    • What's with the dothraki references?

• Show All
    • Except you spelled stars wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what you meant to write

• Yeah, that phrase ha been used a lot. It's on a lot of movies, books, and shows

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• If you had a wound, would you put a band-aid over it so things will look at least normal while the wound underneath heals? or leave it open to fester because you are trying not to be "fake"?

0|0
    0|0
  • Women have very little emotion (despite what they may tell you).
    Relationships are of less importance than a job.

0|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't look fake. It IS fake. Especially when it comes to young girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • She thinks if she says it enough she might actually begin to believe it.

0|0
    0|0
  • A defense mechanism?

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• We're lying. To ourselves too. We try to convince ourselves that we are happy without him, to try to get over him. Doesn't work all that well. We're not doing it on purpose , at least I don't think so...
    But some gals can really feel comfortable being single and loving every second of it, truly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have thought because it's her way of coping, by lying to herself and saying that she's perfectly happy and that "she don't need no man" etc

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes