Regret getting my husbands name tattood on me, should I cover it up or eventually get it removed?

I got my husbands name tattood on my hip two weeks ago to surprise him. He wanted me to get his name for awhile now because he'd thought it'd be sexy, and our new born son has the same name, but after seeing his reaction, I'm starting to regret it. He didn't seem as happy as I thought he'd be and was actually quite surprised. Last night, I started looking up prices for tattoo removal, than worst case scenario I'd cover it up. Although we're on good terms, the last thing that I want is for our relationship to end and I still have his name there. Our son has the same name, but where it's located seems strange to put a child's name.

• Get it removed
  • Get a cover-up tattoo
  • Keep it
    Vote C
I heard the removal is painful

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep it for now. It's new, maybe he was just shocked you actually did it. See how you both feel in 6 months about it.