My ex dumped me about a week ago, I really don't know what to do.

He said he wanted to end things due to being stressed out, and this relationship was 'too deep'. The thing I don't get is that he made it deep, he wanted us to go quickly and meet my parents and say I love you and that. Anyway, he has been under some stress but I wouldn't imagine he would dump me.
When he dumped me, I was mature about it I just replied saying ' if that's what you want, I understand and I wish you the best'. That night, his friend messaged me asking me out on a date, I told his friend I wasn't interested then reluctantly texted my ex to tell him about his friend and kindly asked him to tell his friend to leaveme alone. My ex asked how I was, I said I was good, as did he. Then that was end of convo.
I haven't spoken to him in about a week, I miss him so much. We honestly had a perfect relationship and I don't know what to do, I deleted his number so I wouldn't be tempted to text him or anything begging for him back as I did take a mature approach. My friends said that I should ask him to meet up to ask questions but I don't see why I should, I don't want to reach out to him. I am just so hurt.

I don't know how to feel better, Im trying to throw myself into my job and go out with my friends but I really do miss him, I spoke to him all the time and saw him nearly everyday. Im so fed up. I didn't want him to leave me.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand a broken heart; sometimes our deepest hurt can teach us to grow in deeper ways which might not have happened without that pain. Trust what I say things happen for a reason. Give yourself a break time is your best friend. Time has a way of healing your broken heart and it may just be; GOD has just spared you even more heartache down the road. I know God loves you and has the best in store for you. so relax take a deep breath an have a good cry if you need too. You have to know someone else loves you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You miss him now, you might be attached to the memories and not the person it happens sometimes. But with time which might take months you will forget him, and he will be nothing but a memory to you. I understand that you miss him, but with time you will forget him. I cut off all contact with my ex and we have not talked in 8 months its been. I don't understand guys like that who want to move the relationship quickly but then all of a sudden break up with there partner out of the blue. Maybe he is just stressed out about his life, and just needs to get it in order and probably needs some space. At least you handled it a mature way. When my ex broke up with me, it was right out of the blue, I tried to hold in the tears but I couldn't, and he made me cry. I tugged onto his arm, and he was just like I have to get back to my friends. And that was the end of that. Since then we have not spoken or said a single world to each other. I just lost feelings for him with time, and acted like he didn't exist since he and I go to the same high school. At first I felt like it was impossible but I just kept doing what I was doing. Now its so much easier for me, do I miss? Sometimes but you have to learn how to move on with life. Don't save a spot for someone in your heart who isn't willing or making an effort to stay. They're plenty of more fish in the sea, but I wouldn't go out and meet people just yet. You have to distance yourself from him and give yourself time to heal, and you will be okay. He doesn't deserve you, so don't put all the blame on yourself. And another thing its his loss, not yours, his. Just try to be strong, and don't let your tiara fall, show him that you are better off with him and you can and will find someone else that treats you right and adores you with time.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Such an amazing answer. Thank you honey. That really helped me and gave me confidence. Well done yourself for getting over your ex! Xx

• Thank you, and your welcome (: even though my ex and I go to the same high school and I catch him glancing at me every now and then doesn't mean I chase him around the school, I just let him be. I've loved and I've lost, but most of I have learned. I hate it when people make up excuses to "try" in a relationship when I already know the truth. My ex treated me like dirt, chewed me up and spit me out. I'm turning 18 next Thursday and in the future I would like to date older men. I'm tired and done of settling for less than what I deserve in a relationship. I couldn't say I distracted myself but I tried to act like he didn't exist and I still do and it works like a charm, its been 8 months since he and I have talked. He just change and started drinking right out of the blue. I decided I had enough of being pushed around and he and I cut it off.