Guy wanted a Break to Figure Himself Out-Why can't I be apart of it?

my guy broke up with me. Was having serious emotional issues and stresses. We were together for over a year, and he just left. We never had problems previously ever.
He said he still cared for me and that it wasn't the end-there was still a chance of getting back together. But he didn't want to hurt me through how emotional he was. He said i deserved better-Ive never had aguy treat me better. He said he needed to be happy with himself and love himself first.
Im crushed as he never said he had problems he just left. He came over the next night and apologized but I was very mean Im heartbroken I didn't hug him back.
The next night I asked him to come over and I tried loving him back and he pushed me away. Said he needed space and couldnt do the up and down thing.

Im lost. Why can't I help him? I thought I made him happy.
Im scared of losing him forever. Im not sure how to talk to him or if I should at all and just wait for him to contact me.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• He needs space. Give him space. Let him go. If it's meant to be he will come back but I don't think u should wait for him

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE