I'm 25, been "broken up" with 24 yo gf of 1 year for 3 weeks now. Still love her, but must find out if I should still fight for her or move on?

I'm a 25 y. o guy & my 24 y. o. GF of a year & I broke up 3 weeks ago. We broke up on good terms for no serious reasons, but kind of out of nowhere. We "broke up" once before for 2 weeks b/c I had been on edge & not myself for a bit due to stress from parent's divorce & she was mad about my persistent tardiness, but the thought of losing her snapped me out of the funk & we reconciled. This time, we had been bickering for the past 2-3 days & she felt even though I improved on the tardiness, it wasn't perfect & was mad at me over a few recent small things. We have a great relationship, never fight (occasional bicker) no jealousy, we are best friends, have the best conversations & attraction is not an issue. I am her 1st real serious BF & her 1st love & I feel although I have room to mature & correct some mistakes that she has unrealistic expectations sometimes & doesn't fully appreciate just how good she has it as well as not admitting to her own mistakes. I treat her like gold, always want to spend time with her & make her feel important & beautiful. We have a lot of fun together & been through a lot, we love being homebodies & can truly be ourselves together. I have dated some beautiful girls in the past, & looks wise although to others she may not be as attractive as them, to me she is the most beautiful girl I've known b/c I see all of her when I look at her & I love who she is as a person, she's my dream girl & makes me a better man. The first 2 weeks we did the no contact & then had great talks for hours on end all weekend. BUT, she is still hot & cold as well as hesitant I sense. I suggested us meeting up for coffee or dinner to see if we still have that same spark/connection & if its not there anymore we'll cease contact & go sep ways b/c I dont wanna be stuck in limbo & need to move on if there's nothing to fight for anymore. I'm taking this really hard & I want to know if thats a good idea & whats the best course of action I should take at this point?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• If u still love her and u seriously want her into ur life and she still have no bf I think u should back her to ur life and fix everything went wrong as u said u broke with no serious pro so I think u still have chance to fix ur wrongs y not invite her for a dinner and tell her whats in ur heart for her keep it romantic i don know if a gift will make her feel happy but a ring or necklace would be good idea also but keep in mind maby she will refuse but do ur best to bring her back if this is the girl which u want spend ur life with do ur best to bring her back or if she just a regular girl I think it's not worth to try so move on

• Good advice for the most part, a gift might come across as a little over the top or desperate, but I def agree that taking her out for a nice dinner or even just a casual coffee & walk would be the best option that way I can say I tried at least b/c I do think she's worth it & if all fails & the spark aren't there anymore then I'll have no regrets & move on knowing at least I didn't hold anything back & gave it my all. Just hate being so confused by her, yesterday she's distant & when we finally did talk at night she talked about maybe cutting off contact for a bit & wasn't exactly in the mood to have a convo as the little time we did talk i did most of it. Today, exact opposite, I didn't contact her all day & she texts me & when I didn't respond she calls me acting as if everything is normal, talking about her day & giggling. Then asks me when I want to go see Interstellar w/ her. I wanted to ask if she's bipolar as I wish shed make up her mind & stick with it b/c Im Confused as hell!