How long does it take to fall in love?

Do you think there has to be a certain amount of time that you have been with a person to declare that you're in love?

If you do, how long?
If not, so then can a person fall in love with someone in like a month? Less?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There's different kinds really. The I love you, I'm in love with you and wanna be with you so long as things are hunky dory. Then there's the deep I love you imperfections and all and don't wanna be without you and won't give up no matter what. That... takes time and experiences with a person. You can love someone as long as the honeymoon stage lasts but when things get rough or you get bored give up and bail. Then there's that deep one. The latter takes longer in my opinion. It's a subjective thing

0|0
    0|0
    • I think a lot of people mix up love and deep infatuation. I personally think real love doesn't happen until the honeymoon phase wears off and you go through some real shit.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• i think infatuation can happen really fast. days, weeks. but love is more... idk, i think it needs more time, more of a foundation. i wouldn't believe i was in love if my feelings didn't last close to a year.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends. I was with my ex for 3 years and I didn't love him. He threatened to get me killed if I left him so I was stuck.
    With my current boyfriend I knew I loved him the day we met, probably because we talked a lot before we hung out and we knew each other for a few years before hand.

0|1
    0|0
  • You have rose colored glasses about a person for the first 90 days of a relationship. Seriously hormones in your brain create fuzzies and make them amazing. But after about 3 months those hormones start to level out. I personally wait at least 5-6 months before deciding if I love the person or not. Plus to love someoen means to know them. And that takes time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends in the people. My first relationship took me three years to realize we weren't in love after being together so long and my relationship now took a few days (we've known each other since birth)

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think there is a specific time. It does take time to let someone breakdown. The walls and such

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is deep and in my opinion it will take a while to get to that stage. But, then again everyone's different,

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• This is very subjective question.

There is no timetable answer. It's all on feeling.

1|0
    0|0
  • It takes exactly 3 months, 2 weeks, 5 hours, 20 minutes, and 52 seconds.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no clue. What do you think @Arab_Cutie1033? Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Exactly 365 days, 13 hours, and 17.85742190 minutes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes