Why is my Ex Blocking me on FB?

I fell in love with my best friend. We have been friends for 9 years. During that time we dated for 9 months and then i ended it. I was his first girlfriends. For the past 6 years after our relationship ended we have gone through the same cycle. We try to be friends again, he tells me he has feels for me but isn't sure he is ready to date me, he ends up making out with me, a few weeks later starts talking about dating other girls, I get fed up and stop talking to him. This cycle has happened 4 or 5 times. The last time it happened i finally said enough and maturely told him that i wasn't able to keep being friends because i would always have feelings for him and stringing me along wasn't fair to me. He told me he was sorry and still wanted to be friends but if i couldn't do that he would respect my choice. For 3 months i stayed away, didn't look at his FB or bad mouth him to his friends. Then i found out he deleted me on FB and then blocked me a week later. Now he is trying to be all chummy with my friends but saying untrue things about me. Why is he doing all this when i have done nothing to him?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You both have had this Problem child pattern, Whitestone, and it doesn't look like you both will ever come to some sort of compromise in this so-called 'Friendship' relationship.
    With him Now having 'Deleted and blocked' you, is showing me he has moved on, sweetie. And it could also be a hint that he is still being a sore sport, fighting his fire with not so friendly ammo and now is even talking trash behind your back to your friends.
    With all your Drama Queen dilemmas you both went through, he feels you have done plenty. Now he is just being this rat who is retaliating and unless you try to save the day and your own behind, he will keep doing it. Talk to him and make some sort of pact here. He is being immature to boot.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, sweetie, for letting me lend a helping hand here. xxoo

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• The extreme way to get over someone is blocking all contact with them in their life, including social media which seems to be the case here.

3|1
    0|0
    • So he probably did really like me and me ending our friendship hurt him? The strange thing is he still follows me on twitter, maybe he doesn't know he is still following me since he is telling people not to tell me things about him that he is clearly posting on twitter. He had some fake FB accounts (don't ask) and he unfollowed me on all of them accept the one he uses the most so he can still look at my Facebook. Maybe I am just reading into things too much.

• You're reading too much into this. Just forget and move on, time will eventually cover up this event in your memory like dust under a carpet.

• You was his first girlfriend, you was with him for 9 months, then YOU ended it. Why did YOU end it if you like this guy so much? I don't blame him for not wanting to get attached to you again. You clearly broke his heart, and he's just trying to keep his guard up so you don't hurt him again.

0|0
    0|0
    • I broke up with him cause I found out he had been lying to me. And then the next day after our brake up he started trying to get with one of my friends. When we talked about dating again and he told me he still had feelings for me I told him i also did. I always thought it would work but then he would wait till i got attached and then start talking about other girls he liked. When i realized this cycle was not healthy i told him i didn't hate him or anything I just couldn't keep putting myself through this. He didn't seem upset or seem like he was hurt at all which is why i was wondering why he blocked me and is talking with my friends. I don't want to get back with him because I know we are toxic but i want to know why he was acting like that. His sister and i are best friends so i know at some point i will have to see him again.

• I'd block and delete you too give him a few years then you guys will be cool again

1|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 3

• It really is hard to be just friends or even be around someone that you have feelings for when you know that you can't be together.

You would have to get rid of all of thoes feelings before you can be around them again. The best way to get rid of the feelings is to have no contact with them at all.

I did that to a guy who broke my heart. He said that he wanted to still be friends and i told him that i would need to get over him first so that when i see him my mind and heart will not ache. I blocked him on Facebook and deleted his phone number and i avoided running into him. I eventually got over him and it actually took me about 4 or 5 months for the pain to go away, we had only dated for 5 months but the feelings i had for him were so strong that it hurt me real bad when we ended. Like i would randomly feel an emotional pain in my chest and start crying. sometimes i would be cheerful and talking to my friends one minute and then the next minute, the pain would come and just make me want to cry. over time the pain just stopped the more i moved on with my life and forgot about him and i eventually started dating again.

We haven't contacted each other sinse then and I dont even really think about him at all becasue im happy and in love with my fiance and i realized that i really did not need him in my life to make me happy. If I were to run into him now I can honestly say that i will not have any anger or feel anything towards him and that I could carry on a normal conversation with him and smile at him now sinse my head is back to normal. If i were to try to keep seeing him while i still had thoes feelings i would probably still be single and sabotaging my chances of being in an actual relationship with someone who actually loves me.

0|0
    0|0
    • great hearing someone else who has gone through it :-) Thank you

• You told a person who loved you that you didn't want any kind of relationship with them anymore and you think its weird he delete you and block you? Its like saying you think its weird a guy didn't call u next the after telling him you dont want to be in contact anymore. You told him to go away, so he went away, but obviously he's bitter about it so he's bad mouthing. He'll get over it, and once you stop looking for dumb questions in order to hold on to the idea of him, you'll get over it. You already decided to move in, stick with it, dont hold yourself back!! I know its painful to completely let go, i've gone through this, thats why you have to believe me when i say you have to stick to your guns or else the pain will last longer than it should!

0|0
    0|0
    • It didn't get better the last 4 or 5 times, it won't get better now, so let it gooo! Let it goooo!!! Its time to accept cutting him completely out of your life! That way you'll have room for someone new :)

• to clarify he never said he loved me intact when i wanted to date him he strung me along and then told me there were other girls he liked and wanted me to wait around. Out of respect for myself i told him that i was worth more than that and though i didn't hate him that i felt out friendship was not healthy so we should not talk. He didn't seem upset at all. I thought we were just going to be mature adults about it I don't regret ending things or want to be back with him. I just would like to understand better since his sister and i are best friends and I will have to see him again.

• I didn't say he is in love with you, you said you had a long friendship, i love my friends, like i love my dog and i love my mom, so i assumed you were close enough to have that kind of connection, one that would be upsetting to loose. Unless you're the kind of person who says people you barely talk to are your friends just because you talk to them :/ you dont need to know why he's upset in order to get over it, just accept it doesn't matter like a grown up, no dwelling.

• He is trying to move on since you don't want to be friends with him anymore.. he is probably hurt.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes