Why does it matter if I dated him while we were not together?

My boyfriend and I split up for 2 years before we got back together. During those 2 years I started to date someone else as I couldn't just sit around and wait for my boyfriend to come back to me after all he moved on during that period too. He asked a girl out the day after we broke up. The guy I dated had always been a fling before my boyfriend. My boyfriend knew because the guy tried to break us up. I started to date him because I was wondering what are the what ifs if we actually dated. It was great not going to lie but I did not love him as much as my boyfriend. My boyfriend brought this up out of nowhere saying its uncomfortable on how I dated him and wants to know if I had sex with him. I did but I don't know if this is any of his business. He was the one that left me.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Because this guy was trying to break you up before, your boyfriend sees him as a threat, that's why he wants to know.

He also knows that you know how much he dislikes this guy, so if you wound up fucking this guy, even after the two of you split up, that's kind of like a slap in the face, or at least it'll be perceived that way.

Just tell your boyfriend that he's not privy to ~anything~ you did after he broke up with you. If he was so concerned about who you'd wind up being with, he shouldn't have broken up with you in the first place.

Alternatively, you can tell him that if he didn't want to push you into having sex with douchebags, he shouldn't have left, and if you did have sex with anyone, it's his fucking fault in the first place.

What Guys Said 2

• It's hard for a man to accept the fact that any other man slept with his woman broken up or not. It is still his business cause as a man we need to know. And if u admit to sleeping with another man your whole relationship will change and things will start to fall apart. Just knowing u were with another man will eat at his brain and always linger in the back of his mind. It wilI destroy what the two of u once had. I had a situation kinda similar not exactly the same. Wish to hear? Maybe u can help me out as well

• I would love to hear (:

• All of this drama is why I do not support all this sexual promiscuity. Look at what it does to relationships and the baggage that is brought in to new or existing relationships. REAL TALK!

What Girls Said 1

• I would tell him to stop dwelling on the past and focus on what we have right now. then get mad if he brings it up again. even if you aren't mad, just act like it so he knows he needs to change the subject and stop worrying about it