Should I send her an apology text after I've dumped her?

I just broke up with my now ex girlfriend. She's a wonderful girl, but I'm just not feeling it. Out of sincerely I've broken up with her in person, but the picture of her shedding in tears still playing in my mind. I really wish her to be happy. Should I send her a text to tell her that I'm really sorry, and hope that she get well soon?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you keep texting her, she's never going to get over you. And you telling her that your sorry and you feel really bad is going to make her think there's still a chance between you two. I think its best if you just give her some space now.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Um did you apologise to her when you did break up with her face to face? If so there is no need for you to text her to confirm with what you said in person.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have already told her sorry in person, but I feel bad if I just leave like that

• What ever you have said, it's been said and done. You must feel really terrible at the moment, but don't message her again telling her your sorry. She might just end up crying again. No point of rubbing salt in the wound. Just let her be, she will cope fine. Be strong and just move on.. Further along..

What Guys Said 4

• No no no never do it in a text. Texts are meaningless. Do it in person. Or it's just not good for her, that after a relationship she sees something on a screen, with no emotion. If it's in a text, you run the risk of starting a text battle, where you're both crying on either end and can't stop it becuase you can't talk it through properly. Send her and apology. But in person. If it's too hard then don't do it at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • The real question is what do you have to apologize for? If you mean what you said, stand by it and let her deal with that. If you apologize she might get the idea that maybe there could still be a relationship between you two and you don't want her clinging to false hope. That only makes it more painful and drawn out. Clean breaks are best.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not. Give her time to grieve and process the breakup.

1|0
    0|0
  • You sound like a very thoughtful and kind person. You must be commended for having balls big enuf to do the breakup in person.

Don't apologize if you did nothing wrong. If you think it will help, send a letter thanking her for being your gf. Sure send best wishes that she can release you and move on in peace. But if you did nothing wrong don't fell guilty if you treated her right.

When you love someone and there is a breakup you fell devastated... like you want to die. So that may be what is going to be her life for some time to come. The letter may only give her more false hope and do more harm than good, so I can't really say. For me I'd appreciate such a letter, but that is just me.

Good luck!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes