Should I talk to my ex gf on her birthday?

It's been a month without talking to each other. Should I but her a small gift and maybe catch up or? Our break up was because we fought and she left.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds to me like this was just a lover's quarrel and you both just took a break from one another. And now that her special day is coming around, you are thinking of her, wanting to do something Nice for her By buying Her------A small gift to maybe catch up?
    I find this a lovely gesture. And with giving it to her, she may Think that you have a motive in mind to maybe rekindle the fires again and become two birds of a feather. Perhaps this is what you have in mind and maybe too this would even be a bigger surprise as to give someone whom you may want to share a nest with again.
    However, if this is not what you have under your wing, then a gift of giving to someone whom you still care about and just want to 'Catch up' with, is still considered a heart of gold.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0
    • What would you recommend that can spark up the flame?

• I am not sure what you are prepared to spend, but perhaps a lovely piece of jewelry, some kind of nice heart... xx

Most Helpful Guy

• It's time to turn the page brother. Don't talk to her, don't buy her a gift, move on.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• She's your ex for a reason. What do you think buying her a gift will do? If you want her back then go for it, if you don't then don't do anything to stirr things up.

2|0
    0|0
  • No.
    She will think u r trying to get back with her and it will boost her ego way up higher than stratosphere..
    If u have this motive, then go get a gift and beg.
    If not, dont even bother to call and celebrate..1 month no contact is too few to start talking again for couple who broke up.

1|0
    0|0
    • You got a point.. How long should I go no contact?

• Show All
    • That doesn't mean anything.
      I had to bu with my ex bf that i did everything with.. Even small things like cooking, doubg class project, sharing an apartment, buying a car together, going many more vacations, living together every second...
      That doesn't mean anything and doesn't give u any real explanation to get back together. Message me for chat.

• Plus he was my first of everything sexually, personalwise, hobby-wise..

• Even though it's been a month, that shouldn't stop you and your ex from talking to each other so you should def buy a small gift and wish her happy birthday because everyone deserves to be treated special on their birthday :)

0|0
    0|0
  • You can if you want its your choice, my birthday was yesterday and I just turned 18, my ex didn't tell me happy birthday at all, and plus we haven't talked in 8 months so yeah. If you want to tell her happy birthday you can, but it might make her think that you are trying to win her back and then she may get her hopes up for nothing. But I mean the choice is yours. Plus my ex has a bday next Thursday but no I'm not telling him happy bday he never told me happy bday so why should I. If you want her back then when her back, but if you don't then I don't see the point of telling her happy bday just might think you want her back. I look at an ex as an ex for a reason, when its done its done. There is no going back to your ex, you keep walking and you never look back.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I do want her back but Thats exactly why I should just give her something really small like a beanie. I won't beg or ask to talk. She did meant a lot to me :/

• I'm getitng it through my head that is over but I meant that you didn't like the fact he didn't day anything to you so why should you. She did mean a lot to me and it was my fault according to her our breakup happened. It's not flowers or something expensive. Just a simple beanie

• If you want to say happy birthday to her you can I'm not saying you shouldn't the choice is yours, my ex has a bday this Thursday coming up but no I'm not saying happy bday to him. If she meant a lot to you and you want to tell her happy bday then do it, nobody's stopping you. that's just how my ex and I are we don't to each other or anything, and if he didn't tell me happy bday then why should I? All and all its up to you. Well then do what you want, you want to do it then do it. Its your choice not mine.

• Yeah sure. That would be really sweet and mature.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sarcasm? :s

• Show All
    • Uff.. Well I dont want her to think that IF she doesn't have feelings for me :/ that's why it's risky move. I don't want to loose a lot. Maybe something homemade but something that will make her forgive me maybe?

• It's kinda like a yes to your question.

• You could just text her a simple "happy birthday"

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes