Can you learn to stop caring?

Say you love someone right, but they show you over and over that they don't genuinely care for you. Can you learn to stop loving them? And if so, how?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Time and distance are your allies. I have more to say, but I've got to go right now. I'll tell you more later. If I forget, just reply to my opinion and I'll be reminded.

0|0
    0|0
    • As I was saying, I think you should give yourself time and distance from this person. It's really unhealthy for you to continue contact with someone who doesn't feel the same way about you if you can't seem to stop caring about this person. I would say that you should stop texting, calling, talking to, and seeing this person, or at least limit these things as much as possible. Then, you should start diverting your mental energy into other things. When you do that, over time I think you'll find you start to think less and less of this person until you're ready to pursue the next Sir Awesome who comes into your life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Our time and energy is to be spent on people who genuinely care for us. Why would we want to do it fo people who doesn't place us as priority?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Think about how wrong they've been doing you... Eventually you'll start to feel that even though you loved them.. They weren't for you and you deserved better.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• yeah you can of course

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes