Having a hard time getting over previous love interest?

I'm calling her love interest cause we didn't actually date in the sense but I was really into her and had feelings for her. it sort of ended a couple months back and I haven't really dated anyone since. I haven't really got over her and still think about her a lot , she was really something special and not someone I'd meet everyday , a lot of the girls I'd meet in an average day wouldn't even be on the same level as her but its not just looks I had a lot of feelings for her and I haven't really got over her since she left. I'm not sure how to get over her or if I'm ready to date someone else

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• well the first thing to do is to figure out WHY things ended... did u end them, did she? what really happened? what didn't work? did any of u even ask the other out? u need to look into details to make sense of it all, otherwise u won't move on quick. once u assess the damage, then u can make pros/cons from there and move on.

and if u still can't figure it out then ur next step is to talk to her and get some closure.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • it was one of those summer things , we sort of randomly meet and she also worked at this restaurant I went to often. I never really officially asked her out , I think she knew I liked her and was trying to be nice and not hurt my feelings as she never really ended things or said she didn't like me. she also doesn't live here , is just here for summer , family has a cottage and she works here then she went back home I think or moved to city she previously went to college at

Most Helpful Guy

• You gotta make sure you don't hold all the women you meet to somebody else's standards.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I know how you feel. I went through something VERY similar. It was tough. But, honestly, take your time. Don't push yourself into another relationship when you know you aren't over your "love interest". The relationship will go nowhere and you won't be fully invested into the relationship. Time heals all wounds. It really gets easier each day. Instead of thinking about her a lot, try doing some activities that will take your mind off her. I know that you feel that no one can compare to her, but sooner or later, you WILL find that special someone that you will truly fall head over heels for. But, seriously, take your time on this. It will all work out in the end. Hope this helped a bit..

0|0
    0|0
  • try to get her out o your mind and try to fall in love with someone else I know its hard but time will heal you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's very, very tough. People come into our lives and we don't realize how much we would miss them until they are gone. I've been there, trust me. Did it end on a bad note? Is there no possible way that you could ever reconnect and work out for real?

If not, then in time you will feel better. I know it's been a few months and it still hurts, but you're getting there. You have to be mentally and emotionally ready to date again, so if you're not there, don't do it. It wouldn't be fair to a new girl and it wouldn't be fair for you since you're not ok with opening up to someone new yet. Focus on you right now. You have to be able to appreciate your good qualities and see what you could offer to someone. Once you are confident in that, you'll be willing to show those things off to a new potential girlfriend and will want to date. It is hard, but you will get there.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes