When is the right time to move on from your ex?

It's a weird feeling. I got dumped by my ex almost 5 months ago. I'm slowly moving on, but still think about him... I'm starting to talk to another guy from class, and he told me he liked me. I kind of like him too, but I still miss my ex. I don't want to start things with the new guy if I'm still not over my ex, because I feel like that would be unfair to the new guy...

What do people do in this situation. Should I just be friends with the new guy or just go in this new relationship anyways?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Your smart woman. Take your time. You are going to feel how you do. But you are being smart. My ex jumped in another relationship super fast. Honestly knowing that the new guy was so clingy, he was too naive to see or care that there could have been things un resolved. Take your time. If the guy cares about you he'll understand and you guys take it slow. Or he'll be there once your head is right. Honestly I just wanna thank you for being a smart honest woman whose trying not to make a mess and get over someone with someone else.

What Guys Said 1

• If your ex dumped u then get rid of any feelings u had for him. He's not worth your thoughts he dumped u!! He won't be thinking about u while he's with his new girl so don't waste your life thinking about him. If u have a chance to move on then give it a go and hopefully this new guy will treat u better and let u know what a guy should treat a girl like

What Girls Said 2

• I do rebounds in this situation. I was with one, we broke up, I felt bad... I started dating another one, thinking about the first one... we broke up after a month and I kinda got over both of them at the same time, because I wasn't that into the new one but it still hurt when I was dumped, so... I sort of confused my brain into not knowing whether to be sad or indifferent and who to be sad for and who to be indifferent for... so my brain gave up mourning and I've been fine since day 2 post break-up.

• The time you broke up with him..