What do guys do when a girl breaks their heart?

What do guys do when a girl breaks their heart?
I know what us girls do, but what do guys do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• We all go through different methods but most of us cry in the shower to disguise our tears. If it was truly a girl I loved, I would cry my eyes out for days maybe weeks, shortly after that ill try to date again despite how I feel inside but it's the only way.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• some turn into players and break other girl's heart as a sign of revenge

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• From what I've seen:

Cry, off themselves (and the gene pool thanks them), drugs/alcohol, bitch to their friends, blame everyone but themselves, get in with the exes friends, jump to another relationship, party hard, bitch to their ex, harass their ex, give no fucks and carry on with life, ect.

Everyone has their own coping mechanisms, same for both sexes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know this may sound weird, but guys have emotions too lol. It's natural to cry when someone you loved deeply broke your heart.

5 stages of grief:

1. Denial and Isolation
    2. Anger
    3. Bargaining
    4. Depression
    5. Acceptance

All humans go through these steps at a different pace. It's not exclusive to women.

Except in my case if it's someone I loved and respected deeply I will be unable to feel anger, which makes it harder and takes longer to get over it.

0|1
    0|0
    • I quickly go from stage 1 to 3 and 4, but then since I feel no anger towards them, I get back to stage 1 or 3 isntead of acceptance. And this goes on in circle for months or years until I eventually give up or actually find someone (or something) else to love and care about.

• They won't show it but they will feel more hurt than women do in this situation. Women may attach easier but men attach stronger. What they do show is only a little of what they feel. If you want to know what they actually physically do about it. Some guys go home and cry. Some discuss with their friends for a long time about the situation. Most men are depressed and broken but swallow their feelings and move on not letting others see.

0|1
    0|0
    • This of course assumes that they loved the girl and actually got their heart broken. This also is true about when their pet dies or a family member passes away or anything that would break their heart.

• Play loud music. Drink too much. Develop a thousand yard stare. Become an empty husk shuffling around life doing the bare minimum.

I didn't cry right away... in fact, I didn't cry for about three months until something triggered me and it all came pouring out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Typically we start singing, "Don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart..."
    stream1.gifsoup.com/.../achy-breaky-heart-o.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • blast heavy metal and headbang relentlessly/get really drunk/smoking too much cigarettes/feeling numb

0|0
    0|0
  • Be sad, tear, smoke, gym, talk to a lot of other girls, write poems.

0|0
    0|0
  • Internalize it and chew threw it like a bad meal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just think and think and think... I take it pretty badly i know... i will be like why... then i try to think positive. I got over my last heart break in about 15 days lol. And asker what do girls do when they get heartbroken? i dont know lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally sit down, grab the latest game, buy a bunch of those cheap fruit flake cereal bags, and get a platinum trophy. By the time I am done a week has gone by and I am refreshed!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I remember my ex ranted on Facebook & took me off his friends list. Then his brother hated me. It was immature.

0|0
    0|1
  • They get mad because they've been umilliated or they cried.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most get on top of another girl.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes