My ex her birthday is tomorrow, is it a good time to re-engage contact?

My ex her birthday is tomorrow.. I haven't talked to her in like 3 months and I think this is the perfect moment to start talking again and maybe asking her out for a drink? We had a relationship for a year and eight months, we broke up in March and we were really close.. Is it too soon to ask her out for a drink tomorrow? Or is it perfectly normal to do that after you didn't talk to eachother for so long?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• You can always have the motivation that you want to be friends with her if she thinks it's weird

What Girls Said 2

• it's fine, but she may already have plans, just start off slow and wish her a happy birthday and then hint that you'd like to take her out for drinks for her birthday whenever she's free.

• No. Don't contaxt her. She won't want to get back together. Time to move on

What Guys Said 2

• If she's not made any effort to contact you in 8 months, I doubt she'll want to go out for a drink

• 3 months.. well last time we spoke I kinda told her to not contact me again.. because it would be best for both of us

• Then you would be breaking your agreement. It's time to move on.

• I'm quite interested to hear the views on this since I'm in the same boat (same day too!)