How do you guys feel about these reasons for a break up?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that in a situation like this, those kinds of issues are the symptoms, not the disease. None of them are a big deal really, in and of themselves, though #2 is a bit of a big problem sign. And if you just look at them individually they seem comical (which is pretty much the point of that list, I'm sure). However, when you take them all together, they become indicative of a larger problem. They are signs that there is some personality incompatibility, some differences in opinion on fairly key matters. I would think that they were not on the same page about the relationship.

Things like "your boyfriend should be taking priority" is a bit of a flag - that depends a lot on how long they have been together, how entwined their lives are, what kind of situation they are in and how their relationship has evolved at that point. It is a bit of a flag that the guy could be a bit needy, a bit high maintenance, and his points about there being a number of past sexual partners that is 'unacceptable' is bullshit, really.

This guy sounds like he would be a shitty boyfriend, to be honest, though it does sound like the girl wasn't putting a lot of effort into the relationship. Given the guy's passive-aggressive behaviour, I can see why though. But I can also see why he would want to break up as well, since he is clearly not getting his emotional needs met. He would probably be happier with a girlfriend that is a little co-dependent, not one that is independent.