Do you think that getting closure is a good thing? Why or why not?

I recently went through a breakup, and I can't move on without closure. Do you think that I should give up on trying to get closure from my ex?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• there's nothing bad, only good comes out of it. The good thing is, whatever is on your chest thats holding you back is sent to him. If he decides to reply in somewhat the same way, then good for the both of you. If not, your still getting all that stuff off your chest. Just don't expect closure.

Most Helpful Girl

• my last boyfriend took a whole day to answer questions and help me process. We knew i qould be leaving town and there was no possibility of an easy meeting later. I went to stay with a family member until i left town. he met with me again to talk and he said goodbye to my son. (my son did not care but the boyfriend did). Really, i felt rejected but loved and honored too. and it was hard to miss him, but i did not have questions. much easier to let go. my current exboyfriend just broke up, he wanted to do it fast and in public. i would not let him, i said lets have a loving breakup and treat each other with the same respect we always have. we talked over things, and made plans on how we would be when we ran into each other. i have a lot of medical issues with my son, so i said lets judt be friends right away. but now he wants to hang out. he said he liked me even better the way i handled the breakup.