What does a 'break" even mean? please helo?

i dated this girl i had known for a long time we be came good friends and went for it all and were together for about 6 months it took for a turn when i had surgery and financial issues, we were never financially together but it messed me up pretty bad and left me in rough shape. after that we were fighting and making up almost every week till now. we're currently not together but we've both mutually agree to come back to each other and see where each others heads are at, this could potentially mean our relationship is over right?
should i kill it right there and then? i still care and love her but i dont want to force anything
i guess what im really asking is what i should do.
thank you

33

Most Helpful Girl

• If you love her, don't give up now. Wait for her to come back when the break is over. If you feel the same for her then and she feels the same for you then get back together. But if you are in love with her and just give up, it could be a mistake. You need to think about it and determine if you are willing to take that risk or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Male definition: We are not a couple. We might consider getting together again in the future.

Most women's definition: We won't talk much, or have sex, but we will be sexually faithful (i. e. celibate) until I decide if we are going to 'stay broken up' or not. I might flirt with guys in clubs to boost my self esteem though.