Please help 5 days no contact?

I was in a relationship for 5 years and he broke up with me. I guess it's justified I kept acting out just to try to get his attention. He left me, however though a text message and I never responded. I can't respond that's just an insult to us.. He did this before and we got back together.. We had New Years already planned out and I got him a promise ring and everything. I am really upset I miss his voice everyday and dumb as that sounds.. It's been day 4 and I am feeling very low.. Any advice would be great.. Also opinion wise would it be safe to wait it out until he messages me or should I contact him? I go out every night and I still can't shake this feeling off please help!

47

Most Helpful Girl

• Best advice can give: don't contact him. I know it's harsh and it hurts, but trust me the pain will ease itself each day. It was crappy of him to that through a text message but some guys are scared to do it like they should- scared of your reaction being angry or too sad. Guys don't handle women's emotions well lol.

Wait for him to contact you and in the meantime try and get on with your like. don't wait by the phone wishing him to call. You may have gotten together again before but don't make yourself miserable waiting for it to happen again. Because then if it doesn't happen, you just extend the time you're in pain. I'm sorry :(

What Guys Said 7

• Seems like your "Clingy-ness" did exactly what it always does... drive your S. O away (call it "caring" if you want, I call it what it is). except it was so bad that he couldn't even bear to be there in person to follow through. Now you are feeling bad and want to reverse things. 5 years is a long time, Im sure there are residual feelings. You want him back, then open up and talk. Communication is key. Hinting like this..."i kept acting out to try to get his attention"... is very annoying. we are guys.. we ain't psychic. if you want something... open up and say it. you want him back, tell him. it also wouldn't hurt to apologize for your previous behavior either.

• It's going to take a long time to get through this breakup. 5 years is a long time. You need to give yourself time to grieve.

I highly recommend you not contact him. It's the equivalent of pulling a scab over a sore every day.. It only makes it prolong the healing.

• Make a new friend, someone who is from a different country, culture and share your life story with that person. The more you talk to them and they shed light on your story with an outsiders prespective, the better ull feel and the line of action will be clearer.
    Gagers can only answer the question but what you need is a proper session with someone so that they can analyze and solve the problem

• Miss, gotta grow up some.

Print your question out. When you get a new guy re-read it once in while and act the opposite with him. Send the ex a letter of apology thanking him for being you bf and how sorry you are you abusing him. Good luck!

• By you not responding to the original text it can come off as acceptance by waiting 6 days it may reaffirm that, you should go see him and talk it out instead of doing everything in a disembodied method

• Even though he said he would ignore me? I will feel worse after

• I know it's unhealthy, but he was not perfect himself.. The time passing by is killing me not a word from him after he promised he would never give up on him.

• One week

• Message me

• Well you can't run from it. Any advice anyone gives you is total bullshit; it's been less than a week and it's an emotionally damaging message to receive. Then the whole "I deserved it" bit won't do anything even if you do visit someone for aid since you believe it was eventual anyway.

Lick your wounds, count your blessings, and wait. As for this contact nonsense just don't bother.

What Girls Said 3

• Only time can tell, love. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I was in a relationship with my ex for approximately 5 years and then he broke up with me out of the blue. I never saw it coming, it was like being shot in the heart. You will heal trust me, just give it time. It won't be easy but it will be worth it. As long as you avoid him, and do not contact him whatsoever, delete him off of social media, etc. If you have his number delete that as well. Don't contact him, I understand your hurt but if you contact him its just going to hurt more and you are going to end up falling for him more. You have to give yourself space, and time to heal. Don't run back to him so quickly, you don't deserve him. My ex and I go to high school together and we haven't talked in 8 months. It was hard for me to get over it, but it was totally worth it. And now when I see him I don't fall as hard as I used too. You'll get there trust me. The pain will go away with time, it could take days, or weeks, or maybe even up to a year but you'll get through it. HE broke up with you, it is his loss not yours. Don't be so quick to beat yourself up and blame it on yourself because its not all your fault. You are going to have to distant yourself from him and hang out with other people. Exes are exes for a reason, once its done its done, case closed. Yesterday was the first time, my ex and I talked in 8 months. It was weird but it was okay, I was givng out cake and he said hi, and we made eye contact and he said oh its your bday. I said no last week was my bday and he said happy bday and gave me hug. We aren't friends or anything were more like strangers. But every now and then I keep my distance away form him. I don't want him to get the idea of us getting back together or even being friends. It was hard for me, but it was totally worth it, and now I see why he isn't good for me. He cheated on me, lied to me, used me, mistreated me, etc.

• Wish I had your strength and thank you :)

• That's great, did he try to get back with you?

• The last time he tried to get back to me was when he and I didn't talk for 5 months, I broke up with him last year like the first week of school. We didn't talk for 5 months and then he came back to me. Our relationship only lasted for a month or two and then out of no where he just broke up with me. Last Friday was the first time he and I had ever talked in 8 months. I appericate him for bein gnice and all but I should've just ignored him. He treated hugging telling me oh well happy bday, I should've said don't touch me. I don't want anything to do with that boy. He is immature, he flirts with almost every single girl, he doesn't know what he wants in a women or what he wants in a relationship. He just thinks he can get any girl. I would like a gentlemen in the future, I want a real serious relationship. Not a relationship that is all fun in games. I am done chasing that boy, he doesn't deserve my love, he doesn't deserve anything from me.

• I think he got sick of your actions. You can text him to say you miss him.

• Whatever you do, do not contact him. HE broke up with you. Just go out with friends and try to have fun :D I contacted my ex after he broke up with me, and now I cut get him out of my head. And its been 5 months :(

• I get it, I've read about the no contact rule.. I actually still want to hear from hom

• Its the same about me, Im sitting here and I really wanna contact him but Im not gonna do it even though its hard :/

• Enough time had passed that you might be able to