What's a good remedy for heart break?

My girlfriend just broke up with me a few days ago & I'm taking it really hard.. I really want to get back together with her because I really really love her. Damn.. I'm still in love with her.. We were together for a really long time too.. She doesn't think we're going to get back together & I've offered friendship & I'm not sure she wants to.. I can't get her out of my head & I feel so pathetic.. What should I do?

71

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all the situation you're in sucks. It's going to suck, as long as you let allow it to.

You're not pathetic so many guys and girls go through this, so don't feel alone.

[Personally speaking] I would be pissed at someone for making me feel like I need them or can't do without them, I would channel this pissed-offed-ness into prying myself as far away possible from them and living my life as awesomely as I deserve (which is pretty awesome if you ask me). But enough about what I would do!

What you need to do:
    -Know that life is too short (too many people have stated this for this not to be true), So you need to keep your head high and don't miss out on "living-it-up" due to a break-up.
    -Change your perspective and nix all associations this person may have with certain things (whether it was a movie you both watched, or places you went).
    -Be grateful for the good, the bad and the ugly; acknowledge it was an opportunity for you to learn more about yourself and relationships.
    -Find something you kept putting off and finally do it (catch up on some books, rock-climbing, hobbies,...)
    -Know that there is always great opportunities to meet a new people, some will be better than your EX some will be worse (depending on your perspective).
    -Talk to a parent you can confide in.
    -Look for YouTube videos that give you advice about this if you're still struggling.

To avoid this in the future:
    Fortify yourself. You have to love yourself and be complete alone, you can't rely on people to be "your other half" because then this is what happens-- sooner of later, you'll be left for broken... SCREW That. Be fierce and independent and know that you need no woman to complete you.

Hang in there! You get stronger in the face of adversity. Rob Schneider: "You can do it"

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE