Need Female Advice: Trying to get my ex back?

My ex broke up with me almost 3 months ago. I was blind sided and did the begging and pleading and got her to be friends with me which was her idea for 2 months.
My ex is one of those independent, stubborn, single mother type who has baggage in terms of her father.
After the break up she has compared me to her father, in terms of trying to fix the relationship and failing, and she has mad false things up about me to pick up the pieces and move on.
The friendship was one sided. I was doing all the initiating and as time went one she started to disconnected from me and ignore my texts and calls.
After 2 months she slowly started deleting things from our relationship on Facebook.
We got into a fight over that and both agreed we need space from each other, I asked if we could have another chance at the relationship, and her answer was; I can't answer that right now. I’m sorry.
Was she trying to spare my feelings or is she confused and did I messed things up?

20