Does this mean he wants me back eventually?

I've been "dating" a guy for a month and I put it in quotes because we never discussed what we were. I tried and he would blow it off. Anyways, he got mad at me for a stupid reason and said he doesn't want to see me anymore. That was 5 days ago and he has been texting me occasionally saying stuff like
"so have you found anyone good?"
"Let me know if you find anyone better than me"

And I give short responses like "yeah I've met some nice guys. " and he gives short responses. I was going to ignore him but that would show I'm too hurt to talk to him. I just give very short responses and make him wait hours for a reply. I do want him back but does this mean he still likes me?

A friend of mine said he probably thinks I'm too good for him and doesn't want to get hurt in the future so instead he's trying to hurt me first. I love his personality and he has made comments about how I can do better. I'm not sure what to do because I really want to be with him.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really want to be with him then stop the stupid games and tell him so

• I'm not playing games he is. I've tried to tell him I just want him back and he says no but still texts me

• You give short responses, make him wait a long time for an answer. Cut through the bullshit. Ask him straight up, " do you want to get back together or not?" If he says no then stop all communication, cut him out of your life and move on. Life's too short to play games like this

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he's just playing games, personally. Trying to rattle your cage. I'd go with ignoring him, he sounds way too immature to deal with. You dodged a bullet with this one.

When a guy truly wants to be with someone, he'll do whatever it takes to be with them. Guys are notorious for doing the whole 'I'm not ready for a relationship' thing with a girl, avoiding the conversation, stringing her along for months, and then after the 'breakup' presto, they have a girlfriend a month later. If here is ever any doubt in your mind if he wants to be with you or not, sorry, the answer is that he doesn't. Move on, and ignore this loser.