Ugh, how do I stop being so sad?

I am miserable. I'm so So sad over a break up. This guy hasn't even contacted me, nor have I contacted him. I don't know how to stop being sad. I've drank myself stupid for three days and feel like garbage.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• I went through a break up fairly recently after nearly 4 years together and it was by far the hardest thing I've ever been through in my life! It was my decision to break up, because of what I found this person to be doing, but it didn't make the decision and the outcome any less painful to deal with. I know this is going to sound of very little comfort to you, but only time will begin to heal any emotional scars that you are feeling right now. It's been quite a long time now since my break up and it still hurts, I still have bad days and still get upset now and then, but I'm a lot better than I was some months ago! All I can suggest you do is get yourself into some sort of routine, because your routine with this person has been shattered and taken away from you! Go to work, go to the gym, go out with friends, and don't feel bad getting upset, because it's perfectly natural to do so. People cope differently over different timescales to all sorts of circumstances, so just accept that it's going to take as long as it will for YOU to move on from this. Don't feel bad or stupid about getting upset and don't rush into another relationship until you are once again happy within yourself, otherwise you'll just supress the hurt with fake feeling for any new person, which is false and unfair on both you and the other person. There will come a time when you feel better about yourself, if not perfect, and know that you are ready to move on. As hard as it is, you have to try and focus on what was wrong about the relationship, and why it didn't work out, as well as the good times that you are undoubtedly finding yourself upset about now. If you really were perfect together and meant for each other, you would still be together! I hope that this helps you and just make sure to accept that you will get upset, that there are good reasons for doing so, and that you need to give yourself time to heal without rushing into anything else. I hope this helps you somewhat! :o)

What Guys Said 6

• message a random person, pick a guy you think is hot and message him
    talk about everything and anything... Stop drinking and start living

• But I don't know any guys

• Message someone random, see if you like someone here on gag, message them or maybe kik or fb
      anywhere

• Get out the house, go to the mall look for friends. join a social group meet
    new people remember guys at the bar don't love you deep down

• Try to mimic your profile pic then ;-)

• Keep up with the no contact. Get out of your house and surroundings. Go have time with a friend.

• Occupy yourself with others. Meet new people of you have to. Learning new things can make sad feelings fade

• I can give you happiness

And pleasure :D

What Girls Said 1

• You'll feel like that for more days but it's ok. You need time to heal! try not to be alone. If you hang with fun people, you won't feel as bad. Try focusing on thingd to do and be as busy as you can. The less lonely-boring time you have, the better. Alcohol won't help, it can actually make you feel worse. Don't check his Facebook or anything. Good luck <3