Ex dumped me because she said I wouldn't earn enough, I told her we can't be friends now as I have a new girl, she took it badly should I feel bad?

Basically quick backstory me and my ex were together for around 2 years, She dumped me a total of 4 times during the two years we spent time apart each time but got back together. Each time she would say it was because i wasn't going to be sucessful in the future and earn enough even though i am studying at university to be a lawyer. She had doubts i would make it so dumped me and told me if i don't make it she will dump me so she might aswell dump me now so it's less painful. She used to say she was better than me and deserved better etc and how she won't stick around if i don't make it in law.

Anyway so she dumps me right, i didn't really do anything to her i mean i never cheated hit her or spoke out of turn to her i just loved her and that's how she treated me each time we broke up i would just move on because i knew she was bad for me but then she would come back trying to make things work and i would give in.

This most recent time we broke up 3 months ago didn't speak at all for the 3 months and then i bump into her by chance and she starts crying saying she's lonely i message her a couple days later to make sure she is okay and long story short we end up having sex, i told her that i didn't want her back though but she kept hinting that maybe in the future we could work etc but i always just said no way would i want to end up with someone like her, we slept together a couple times and were trying to be friends.

A month ago i met this really nice girl, she is amazing, i feel like she is 10 times the girl my ex was she is loving loyal and commited anyway so as soon as i start speaking to this new girl i stop responding to my ex texts etc. The other day i just messaged her to say i'm seeing someone so it's not appropriate for us to speak as she is my ex out of respect for my new relationship. She flips out calls me every name under the sun says i used her for sex how i should never contact her again, should i feel bad for making her upset?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• You have done everything under the sun to please this emotionally unstable, high maintenance woman, jdotkidd, bending way over backwards for someone who never appreciated all of your good and hard work. She used and abused you and each and every time she would dump you like yesterday's trash, you enabled her to come back full circle again and it got to be a pattern and a habit with her after awhile.
    Now that you are happy and you are this apple at the top of the a tree hardest to grab, she is having a hissy fit because she doesn't have this to bite and spit out like all of the other times you Enabled her to do so... she only ends up screwing your heart and your head every time.
    Now she is trying to have you ride her pity wagon by crying and calling you every name in the book. Don't contact her again. It will only get more in a frenzy and Lord only knows what someone who is emotionally unstable might do... she is just a train wreck just waiting to crash and burn your own life once and for all here.
    End the madness, put the skeleton in the closet once in for all. It was a tough run, a long haul, but now you have your closure so close the chapter to this unfortunate story book tale that ended very badly... move on... you're probably right... this one most likely is '10 times the girl your was..' but now what you are seeing is a ghost of hell, a Grim Reaper who very well could have been your demise.
    Don't feel guilty, don't feel bad. This is what she is hoping you will do. She will find every way possible to make you feel you are the bad guy and tug on your heart strings at every opportunity.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• Who's upset, the new girl or the stuck up pretentious bitch?

• Haha my ex the pretentious bitch, she's upset saying i'm dishonest and i used her, calling me every name under the sun literally the whole time i just told her that i've moved on and she should aswell and she kept going on and on.

Thing is she dumped me like 4 times now i have a new girl why does she care, it's not like dumping someone 4 times shows that you want them right. So lucky she did though becuase if she didn't i wouldn't have met my new girlfriend who is 10 times better.

• She complains you used her for sex but look at what she's using you for. Good riddance, never look back

• Total hypocrisy isn't it thanks for the advice man much appreciated