Did he ever cheat?

hey people, so I was in a six months relationship with a guy during my first year of my ugc. I was sooo mch in love. I dont think I could have done better than him in life. He was totally my kinda guy. So he had this best friend who was a girl and they had known each other since school. I think for over 6 years, Although they were close, they never dated, So when this guy proposed me, their: best friendship" to me didn't seem like just a clear transparent friendship. I and the whole college thought that they were a potential future couple to be. So when this guy proposed, I was amused since I always knew it should be them and not me and him! I tried explaining him but he claimed to be in love with me and denied any of my assumptions. I agreed and went on listening to him. In the college he never told anyone about us! when he used to be over the call, and his friends teased him with me, he used to cover up saying he was talking to his best friendThen finally I found some weird romantic txts in his fone from his best friend. They were texting till late night. I confronted him and he dumped me eventually after a bad one week fight saying he didn't have feelings for me anymore and that I was very different, I asked him if he was going to date her instead to which he said that they were friends and never could anything happen between them. He said he was breaking up with me not because he wanted hook up with her. and then,,,
Two months after the breakup he started going out with this best friend and never ever gave us a second chance. He is still with her and its been four years.
I dont know if all this was planned or was it coincidental.. or was my suspicion on them really right?
what do u guys think? did he really cheat on me?

12