Should I feel bad about my dramatic/abusive breakup?

So this may be a long one, me and my ex boyfriend broke up two weeks ago and I just can't let it go. It was a very bad breakup and I feel wrong about it even though friends and family say I shouldn't.

So trying to shorten it, I was at my exes house and at some point he was getting on his computer to listen to some music and I was like but I don't want to listen and he was like I don't care. So I kept turning the computer off every time he turned it on, at first I was just playing and was like I don't want to listen. But then I guess he got irritated and said something like "if you don't stop thats exactly how I will be feeling about our relationship." So then I got mad because I'm like why would you say that about our relationship, what else is turning a computer off going to make you say? So I kept turning it off.

Then he grabbed my face/chin really hard and on reaction I pushed his face back. He didn't say anything for a second, put the computer down and then grabbed my arms pulling me up from the couch and squeezing my arms really hard, then he put me down on another couch while still grabbing my arms, I couldn't move and then grabbed my face again so I can look at him and was like "stop do you hear me, stop." At that point I started to cry.

When he let me go I got up to leave but then I came back and started yelling "what makes you think you can put your hands on me" and going back and forth and he kept saying "I don't know who you think you're talking to" and eventually he said "bitch leave." Then I said fuck you and left. A few minutes later he texted me and said "were done cause you like to push buttons." Haven't talked to him since.

I know I was wrong for turning the computer off, but now I just feel like this whole thing was all my fault and I feel terrible even though he put his hands on me. I need input please!

14

Most Helpful Guy

• In short, it's not your fault (you were just playing). He is such a ***** because he put his hands on a girl. Nobody should do that. Whatever happened was good because he don't deserves you. You should feel happy because you had seen his real face.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are damaging other people's property and harassing them - then you deserve to be restrained. It's not like he punched you in the face.

• Well no, turning a computer off is not damaging someones property. I put no hands on him so there is no need to restrain anyone.