When will it stop hurting?

My 2 and a half year long relationship ended today. Its not bitter or angry between us. It just really hurts :-(

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It will take some time. I'm fresh out of a 9 year marriage :) I know it'll take a long time.
    What helps me is take plenty of time to work on things I'm passionate about, such as making music, and keep company of good friends where I talk about anything EXCEPT the relationship breakdown. It's too easy to get lost thinking about the relationship and what went wrong, and what you could have done differently... so lost that you don't take enough time to keep living and start to move on.
    So, I guess it'll take as long as we allow it to :) My best wishes to you - it'll be hard, but I'll bet you will come through it better off :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, it's nice to hear an opinion like that from someone who's feeling the hurt too. I'm lucky enough to have a lot of friends around to help take my mind of things, and young enough to feel like there are plenty of opportunities out there for me. Best wishes to you too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dakraziest had the best opinion... I had a 3 1/2 year relationship. It took a while I was depressed for quite sometime... two things. two future answers to futures question: #1 I really want to get back with him, will it make everything better? You shouldn't ever want someone who doesn't want you back. #2 why wasn't I good enough? If your not good enough for them, then find someone one who does find you good enough. just because you aren't good enough for them doesn't mean you aren't absolutely worthy to anyone else.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• A decade or a day
    its all upto you, the minute you stop thinking that your relationship failed and start thinking that a new relationship awaits you

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure anyone can tell you "when" it stops... Time moves differently for some people. If you understand why the relationship ended, the only thing left is to move forward. That may sound cruel, but pain heals with time. And if you don't quite understand why it happened, it does no good to stress over it so much. A scab doesn't heal if you keep picking at it, and the pain won't go away if you wonder about it all the time.

Either way, you won't get anywhere if you wonder when it will stop hurting. Go out and do the things you loved, the things that can made you happy when you weren't with your SO... if you do that , you can move forward and you'll be healed before you know it... as for "when", that' s all up to you...
    (sorry if that's not the most coherent bit of advice...)

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're lucky, never but that's all part of the human condition. You'll just become endured enough to it that it seems like it hurts less.

0|0
    0|0
  • only with time and you not thinking about him... combined will help you forget and move on...

0|0
    0|0
  • It will stop hurting in 3 years.

0|0
    0|0
    • Are you trying to be funny or is this a serious comment

• I'm actually serious. It's the average length of time.

What Girls Said 2

• I understand but no point to be upset. Life is too short!! Just go out hang around with friends, travelling, exercise, clean your house, cooking, DO anything that you don't have to stop thinking about him. Drink it doesn't help. Don't waste your money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only time can tell you that. You aren't just going to forget him in one day, it could takes weeks, months, or even up to a year. And no it isn't easy for me it wasn't, its like my ex was stuck in my head. But then I decided to focus on my studies and just act like he didn't exist, it took me about 5-8 months to get over him and get him out of my head. You can do it too, it just takes baby steps and a lot of time I promise you, you will heal.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes