When will it stop hurting?

My 2 and a half year long relationship ended today. Its not bitter or angry between us. It just really hurts :-(

36

Most Helpful Guy

• It will take some time. I'm fresh out of a 9 year marriage :) I know it'll take a long time.
    What helps me is take plenty of time to work on things I'm passionate about, such as making music, and keep company of good friends where I talk about anything EXCEPT the relationship breakdown. It's too easy to get lost thinking about the relationship and what went wrong, and what you could have done differently... so lost that you don't take enough time to keep living and start to move on.
    So, I guess it'll take as long as we allow it to :) My best wishes to you - it'll be hard, but I'll bet you will come through it better off :)

• Thank you, it's nice to hear an opinion like that from someone who's feeling the hurt too. I'm lucky enough to have a lot of friends around to help take my mind of things, and young enough to feel like there are plenty of opportunities out there for me. Best wishes to you too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dakraziest had the best opinion... I had a 3 1/2 year relationship. It took a while I was depressed for quite sometime... two things. two future answers to futures question: #1 I really want to get back with him, will it make everything better? You shouldn't ever want someone who doesn't want you back. #2 why wasn't I good enough? If your not good enough for them, then find someone one who does find you good enough. just because you aren't good enough for them doesn't mean you aren't absolutely worthy to anyone else.