Would it mean something if you get a "happy birthday" from someone who ignored you for 5 month?

I dated a guy for a short time, we weren't together, cuz he didin't know if he liked me. After a little while he asked me out again, only to stop talking to me after that... I kinda got the clue so I didn't try to reach him. I got to know he found somebody new - but i didn't know if it was serious, so after 2 month i texted him how he was and he ignored it, he also igored me when we saw each other at the university. Like he didn't know me @ all.
So today was my birthday and he texted me on Facebook "happy birthday". Why would he do that? He ignored me for months!
What should I do? Should I write back?
PS: He's still with that girl...

33

Most Helpful Girl

• It wouldn't really mean much to me, they just said happy birthday its not like they wanted me back or something. I was giving out my bday cake at school last week to one of my friends who my ex sits with at there table. So I gave it to them, and he and I made eye contact. He said hi to me, and asked me if it was my bday. I said no last week was bday, and he gave me a hug and said happy bday. But just because he did all that and hugged me doesn't mean anything to me. That doesn't mean he and I will ever get back together he was just being nice that's all. I think he was just being nice to you that's all. But even my ex's bday past and I didn't say happy bday to him. He and I are not friends or anything. We're more like strangers. But anyways just let him go it doesn't really mean anything. I wouldn't look to much into it. Plus that was hte first time my ex and I ever talked in 8 months but it still doesn't mean anything to me, plus he flirts with almost every girl at school. So yeah I was just like okay thank you, but that doesn't mean he and I are getting back together. If its meant to be, it will be. If its not then just move on.

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't really look into it. id be like "meh" and say thanks.

• Ehhh, I'd just say thanks and move on, it doesn't sound like he's REALLY in to you, and until you can tell he is and he's not with another chick, play it safe.

• Probably just to say happy birthday. Some people prefer to send a Facebook message rather than posting it on your wall

• i'm not confused with the texting... i thought he didn't want to talk to me again... but then he stopped ignoring me @__@

• This is one of those things that you shouldn't think too much about. Just say thanks and let it be

What Girls Said 2

• Ignore his ass just like he ignored you but respond to everyone else it will make him feel some way and show how it feels on the other side dont feel bad because he deserves it just don't respond to him but respond to everyone else because what he did was completely rude and disrespectful

• No I wouldn't let it mean shit to me. Just say thanks and sign off i hate people like that..