Why do women insist on being friends after a relationship?

Who do girls insist on being friends after a relationship? I don't get it, that's just odd to me...
Updates:
Didn't mean to write that twice, I have no idea why that happened. My apologies

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I only have one ex for now and no I don't plan on being friends with him whatsoever. Once its over, its over, there is no can we try again or can we be friends. Because sometimes when you be friends with an ex you start to catch feelings for them and then you start falling into a trap. I don't see the point of it honestly, I think its a waste of time. Once its over, its over I move on with my life. My ex forgot my bday and so I went to go give my friends some cake, at a table he sit at. And so I did he and he was like oh hi, Anaya. I said hi back, and he said its ur bday, I said no my bday was last Thursday. He gave me a hug and said well happy bday. I should've ignored him like my friend said. That was the first time I ever talked to him in like 8 months. But that doesn't mean were friends or even getting back together. I keep my distance from my ex. I don't speak to him at all, were like strangers honestly. I've lost all contact with him and I've moved on. Its just weird, and then you see them and you start catching feelings for them again. I don't get caught up in that emotional mess, I just go on with my life. I'm not going to let someone string me along.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Amen. I don't wanna be friends with her, because at some point, we're gonna meet someone new... Then jealousy kicks in from either one, or both of us. I'll admit it, I get jealous. I love the girl to death. But I'm more like I want all of her, or none.

• Well then don't be friends with her, no one's saying you have too. I don't talk to my ex at all even though we go the same high school I just act like he doesn't exist. I hope i meet in the future that knows how to treat a young women right and know's how to do there part in a relationship. My ex flirts with to many girls, its so obvious. Once its done its done, they aren't my friend there a stranger who I'll never talk to again. They don't deserve me as a friend they mistreated me or anything

Most Helpful Guy

• The mind of a woman, ahh, full of sh*t.

The women I dated wanted to be friends, so that they could make my life miserable. You know how much bullcrap I put with when my gf was pregnant with my daughter? Alot!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow. That's exactly what I was thinking. So she might want to keep me on the back burner... Not gonna happen

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I don't, to me it's over move on. Don't want residual feelings on either side and even if you want to break up you can get caught in an emotional mess. My ex was trying to talk to me after we broke up and he was such a scumbag but I felt compelled to talk to him, it's always hard to cut ties, even bad ones. I only spoke to him twice but he kept contacting me so I just had to ignore him and unfriend him on Facebook

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't insist on being friends, but if we ended on good terms, I don't mind it. Usually we just say that, though. There's no real expectation of hanging out together and actually being friends. More like friendly acquaintances who might run into each other from time to time and say hi. No hard feelings.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do they say that so the guy doesn't get pissed or something? I know a lot of women are pretty emotional

• If he's pissed about us breaking up, or if I thought he would be, I wouldn't even bring it up. It'd probably just piss him off more. Anyway, not all relationships, break-ups, or men and women are the same. It does depend on the situation and people involved.

What Guys Said 1

• Most of them are scared. If you've heard the old saying 'Better the devil you know' some girls keep their ex around 'just in case'. They are the ones you want to avoid really. Better to have a woman that knows her worth.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes