Why do women insist on being friends after a relationship?

Who do girls insist on being friends after a relationship? I don't get it, that's just odd to me...
Didn't mean to write that twice, I have no idea why that happened. My apologies

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I only have one ex for now and no I don't plan on being friends with him whatsoever. Once its over, its over, there is no can we try again or can we be friends. Because sometimes when you be friends with an ex you start to catch feelings for them and then you start falling into a trap. I don't see the point of it honestly, I think its a waste of time. Once its over, its over I move on with my life. My ex forgot my bday and so I went to go give my friends some cake, at a table he sit at. And so I did he and he was like oh hi, Anaya. I said hi back, and he said its ur bday, I said no my bday was last Thursday. He gave me a hug and said well happy bday. I should've ignored him like my friend said. That was the first time I ever talked to him in like 8 months. But that doesn't mean were friends or even getting back together. I keep my distance from my ex. I don't speak to him at all, were like strangers honestly. I've lost all contact with him and I've moved on. Its just weird, and then you see them and you start catching feelings for them again. I don't get caught up in that emotional mess, I just go on with my life. I'm not going to let someone string me along.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Amen. I don't wanna be friends with her, because at some point, we're gonna meet someone new... Then jealousy kicks in from either one, or both of us. I'll admit it, I get jealous. I love the girl to death. But I'm more like I want all of her, or none.

• Well then don't be friends with her, no one's saying you have too. I don't talk to my ex at all even though we go the same high school I just act like he doesn't exist. I hope i meet in the future that knows how to treat a young women right and know's how to do there part in a relationship. My ex flirts with to many girls, its so obvious. Once its done its done, they aren't my friend there a stranger who I'll never talk to again. They don't deserve me as a friend they mistreated me or anything

Most Helpful Guy

• The mind of a woman, ahh, full of sh*t.

The women I dated wanted to be friends, so that they could make my life miserable. You know how much bullcrap I put with when my gf was pregnant with my daughter? Alot!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow. That's exactly what I was thinking. So she might want to keep me on the back burner... Not gonna happen