Ladies, would you break-up with your first love you've been with for 3+ years to explore/date around?

For instance you have been with your bf for 3+ years and you feel like you are still young and haven't experienced dating/exploring around cause you've been only with with this guy. Would you break it off or stick to him?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I did this. I dated my boyfriend for 8 years... we were engaged... and I ended it. I never really experienced dating or being with anyone else. I can tell you that it's been 3 years since we broke up and I haven't met anyone that was anything like my ex. It makes me realize what a great relationship we had. But at the same time, I never regret ending it. I realize now that I was constantly questioning our relationship because even though it was great, he just wasn't the one for me. I still haven't met anyone else that I'm crazy about but I'm hopeful I will in the future. I've never looked back.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow that's a long time. Why did you end it with your ex bf? Also have you guys kept no contact the whole time?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the social influences on the person.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not in that situation considering that I experimented and dated before I found my first love. I think I would have been able to break up. I've seen many couples around me that broke up because of that. Many girlfriends are in doubt about that and others broke up with their boyfriends. I know that I loved experimenting before I found my boyfriend, I'm glad I did. I think I would have overthink it.

0|0
    0|0
  • NOOO, of course not! If I would still love him I wouldn't, but if I start loseing my feelings for him then I would breakup with him... but not just to date/explore. If I would meet someone now, at 20, I would stay with him all my life if possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • if it was me and the love was mutual and we were happy together then NO, you are the only one who knows what you want and need in a relationship. it's stupid to end a great thing in hope of finding something better!

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you love someone then why would you care what else maybe out there in my granny's day you got married young had a large family and at 89 they still loved eachother like they had just met. That is what is wrong with the change in generations people are too busy wondering what everyone else has to see what they have themselves. And do you want to know something in years to come you will probably be in a shitty relationship with some money grabbing wench who doesn't really care for you and be thinking why did I ever think this was a good idea while your x is being treated like a queen and devoting all her time and attention to her man. and by that time you will be too late and may have lost the best thing that ever happened to you. the grass isn't greener on the other side and if you love someone then you do your exploring and share experiences with that person not just anyone. Being in a relationship you will always learn new things about the other, even if you think you know them i guarantee that there is more to know that is what life is about experience and growing with your loved one. But that is just my opinion though

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• can't understand if people would do this...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes