Thanksgiving love should I not be bothered?

My ex bf and I do not have the title of being together. However, due to the past he felt I hurt him and is afraid I'm going to break his heart again. However, we do not have a normal ex bf and gf relationship we do everything as if we are together but it's less than a bf and gf wld do. I would like to invite him for Thanksgiving to spend time with me and my family but I'm afraid if he doesn't go (due to feeling pressured) I'm going to feel very hurt because I'm going to feel he's not making an effort. Do I have the right to feel that way or should I understand because we are not together i shouldn't be botherrd.. it's just like I said him and I aren't normal ex bf and gf.. I've even told him before if he would want me to go with somebody else and he says I never said that.. so someone please help me see what's the best way to take this. . hurt or accept if he doesn't go

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Seeing as you guys are not together it might be uncomfortable or sad for him to go with you and wether he explicitly says that or not you should accept if he doesn't want to. It doesn't mean he won't appreciate the invite though

• I'm actually really hurting right now because he hasn't msgd me back a yes or no.. and I see what you mean I just see it as if him n I broke up and never spoke and I randomly msgd him to spend Thanksgiving I'd understand if he felt uncomfortable but in our case he kisses me every week text everyday so I just feel like i have the right to see his effort to spend Thanksgiving with me if he knew it meant a lot to me.. i dnt want to be grumpy when I see him again but it's going to be hard to act like all is well. . I don't know if his non response is because he's still thinking or if I shld text him again to ask if he got my message

• Sooo he never texted back nor showed up.. good thing tomorrow I see him at work.. so let's see what he tells me this should be interesting. . it's weird though because even my friend said she texted him a Thanksgiving wish n he didn't text her back and that's not him.. so will c tomorrow.. but I'm pissed so he better have a good excuse on the good note yes I was sad but I made the best out of it.. i did better than I thought

• well try to direct the conversation more to him not responding and communicating that to him not showing up. It would be acceptable for him to not want to come because of feeling uncomfortable possibly but its understandable why you would be upset to hear nothing from him.