I'm trying to break up with my friends with benefits and I think he's going to drag this out?

I was seeing a man for a little over 3 month and yesterday I found out that he didn't like me past a causal relationship. I totally laid my heart out to him and all he could say was "I'm sorry", "I'm extremely busy right now" (he's always busy with his grad work) and "I like you as a person." I feel like he lead me on but that's a whole different story. He's asking if we can still be "friendly." I asked him if give him back the few items that he gave me while he was on his break at work on Monday and he kept saying "I'll come by [your place] and get it sometime soon".

What I'm asking is, do you think he going to drag this out by thinking that if he waits me out that he could have sex with me some more? I'm not doing that again and all I wan't to do is give him back is stuff and go away.
typo,,,

I asked him if I can give him back the few items that he gave me while he was on his break at work on Monday and he kept saying "I'll come by [your place] and get it sometime soon".

12

Most Helpful Guy

• YOU CONTROL THIS... not him. That simple.

So you either bag his stuff up and tell him you will bring it to his work or drop it off or some other public. Or you tell him he can come and get it when it is both convenient to the two of you. then let him give you some options. If nothing works, then just do your thing and maybe he never gets his stuff... but don't play his game.

• You're totally right.

I'm just don't understanding why he wouldn't want me to just give him his stuff sooner rather than later. It's not like it's a lot of stuff, just a USB stick drive and a book (he told me to keep the book but I don't want the book). So it's not like I'm I would be dragging a bunch of stuff around, I can carry it in my purse.

• Well you do know. IT is why you asked the question.

Throw the book away, and carry USB around until next time you see him. And beyond that. Move on. Best wished!