Despite being in a great relationship my insecurities got the better of me and my boyfriend decided he couldn't deal with it. Can I get him back?

My ex and I were together for 9 months. There was an instant connection and in a month or less he asked me to be his girlfriend. Our relationship was great, we traveled, laughed all the time, met each other's friends and family- he became my best friend. Then towards our final two months together I started feeling like I didn't deserve him- like he was too good to be true. I started doing whatever to accommodate him. That was followed by feeling to unattractive to be with him. One day I even asked him to break up with me while we were on a romantic vacation.

The week before last I told him I wouldn't be coming over anymore. He was extremely confused. I was feeling very emotional and down. I said that only because I wanted more attention from him. We took a little space over the weekend. Then on Monday morning he told me how unhappy I seemed to be and that he thought it was because he wasn't giving me what I needed. He asked for some time to think. A few days later he broke up with me in tears.

I tried explaining how I feel was me not him and I apologized for communicating my feelings in such a reckless, hurtful way. I assures him I was happy with him. When I met to pick up my things I told him I had made an appointment to see a therapist and he was happy to hear I was getting help but he still said he couldn't deal with everything but would like to be friends.

I want him back. Is there a chance or have I burned that bridge?

• Fight for the Man I Love
    Vote A
  • Move On
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You may be able to win him back, but you need to get your shit together first. The therapist is a good call. It took me 8 years to get my life to a place where I felt confident dating. I hope it takes you less time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I think for right now you should not move on but not fight either. You realize you have a problem and you need to fix it. Being in a relationship isn't gonna solve your problem. Stay friends and if he sees improvement and a change and fate should have it he wants to try again then so be it. But I would take the time to be alone and address your issues.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• ".. but he still said he couldn't deal with everything but would like to be friends." = "I'm not that into you to deal with everything and although it would be awkward to remain friends, I'll say I'd like to anyway... to keep the peace."

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes