How do I find myself again?

I dated a man for three years. I loved him with every ounce of my being, and I would've done anything for him. He was my world. He told me he wanted a break, and just walked out of my life. The only closure I got was an "official" break up over the phone. Only now I can see how controlling, and hurtful the relationship was. He shattered me, and I was left with nothing. I became depressed, and was confused. I didn't know what to do. I tried dating other people to stop feeling the loss, and the pain. But I only pushed them away once it got to a certain point. I don't know who I am without him. And I don't know how to fix that. I want to be happy, and I want to be my own person again. Where do I start? How can I pick myself back up? I know I sound pathetic, and I'll take that. But I genuinely want to stop feeling this. I just want to be happy again..

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd put on make-up every day. I got my hair done, pampered myself basically. you sort of have to have a "btch i'm fabulous" mentality, quoted from a good friend who just recently broke up with a cheating ex. pick up a hobby, or continue one that you "didn't have time for" because you were always so occupied with your boyfriend. Vent to a psychologist or trusted friends/family. Just remember all the abusive stuff and be angry instead of sad think to yourself "I don't deserve that!" and 3 years and a break up over the phone... really, girl be angry at that shit! He doesn't respect you. Be happy with yourself, love yourself and then you will draw in others because your aura will be restored, not so dark.

• Thank you. You're right, its just been hard to see it that way.. Honestly, thank you.

• You're welcome n good luck !^-^