Have you ever dealt with heartbreak like this?

I met a 27 year old woman. She was amazing and we had everything in common. We hung out all the time. This was a woman I would've considered marrying and I vowed to never marry. She was that amazing. We almost started dating. Then, she moved back to San Francisco and I was devastated and heartbroken. Part of me wants to cry but I fight it back. I still think about her to this day. I really hate being vulnerable. Have you ever dealt with heartbreak like this? Please don't judge me lol.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• tbh it doesn't sound to bad as being rejected... you can try long distance ya know?

0|1
    0|0
    • She claims she's coming back in a couple of weeks. I might go for that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I have. I won't bore you with the story, but it was devastating. What I have to say is not easy, but is not meant to be ugly... Life WILL go on, it always does. The question is what are you going to do about it? You can move forward (And it might not be easy at first - it won't be) or you can cling on to the past. Eventually with every little step forward (and that might be going to a coffee shop to read or something) it will get easier and easier. That hole in your heart will always be there, but it can scar and heal... it can. It just takes time.

0|1
    0|0
    • You're right. It just feels like I'll never another woman like her.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 5

• Sounds like you meet the devil, who knew exactly what you want and then took it from you. Your problem is that you don't believe in marriage and she was possibly meant for you. You may have time to do your homework and learn what marriage is and go out and get her.

What is funny is that the pain you feel is not your pain if you find the source then the pain will instantly go away. Good luck.

0|1
    0|0
    • If I could go out and get her, I would. She claimed it destroyed her than she's not here with me.

• It doesn't matter how much a woman loves you in the beginning.
    She can still turn on you and walk away at a moment's notice, and without reason. About 80% of them can and will.
    I just accept it as natural, thesedays, and never expect anything to last more than a few years.

0|0
    1|0
  • BRO! You've going through what I go through EVERYTIME I get relocated to a different state, city here in the US. It happens a lot, I don't sit there and wallow about in my own misery though. I make ti known that I'm not here for long and a STR is all I can give and that we should make the best of it while we can when we can. I can count like 7/8 different girls I've met, dated, sex, had deep intimate thoughts with and yes I do miss them from time to time. Yes, it hurt. Yes, I moved on and finally YES I keep the happier times alive more than the parting in the end.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have. First, I would never dream of judging another person, simply because I'm not perfect myself.

Second, after ten years of marriage, my wife decided she didn't want to be married anymore. No cheating, no beating, no cursing, no yelling. I stood by her through her breast cancer and lost my business partially because of it.

She kicked me out of the house. I did not fight her for anything, except for custody of the kids. We have joint custody.

So, here it is. Crying helps. It clenses your soul. Seeing a therapist may help. And my friend, if you want to fell love, you have to put your heart out there and risk being hurt again. I'm sorry to tell you this, but it's the truth.

Best of luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everybody has, sorry.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes