First love, do you ever get over them?

Do you ever get over your first love and would you have a problem dating someone knowing they had never gotten over their first love? It has been 6 years and i have dated people since and tried to move on in every way but a few people have told me you will always have feelings for your first love. is that true.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really truly loved them, then yes. You will always have a place for them in your heart. You can move on. There is a life with someone else after. People cope and deal in different ways, and some people just never get over their first love.

What Guys Said 5

• If there is love in anything, I can't get over it.

• i dont think that anyone can get over there first

• I disagree. The first girl I feel in love turned out to be the worst person I ever met, after all was said and done. I don't ever think about her at all. However, she's still friends with some of my friends on Facebook and I'm not gonna lie, I've seen some posts from her some have commented on. Hilarious shit! She complains how crappy her life is and I smile knowing Karma got her ass good. Thanks Karma! Lol

• I forgot her long time ago bcoz I found better than her

And yes I would date her if she didn't forget yet but I will be not intrested that much

• Can't even remember her name. Or if it was a her.

What Girls Said 3

• First loves are a reminder of a really new and exciting time in our lives. They are the first people we gave ourselves to, and who gave themselves back to us. It's "special." I look back at that time in my life as special for ME, and only me. I've taken my ex out of the equation because he turned out to not be so great of a person. I don't long for him anymore and see him as this godly person for giving me my first love story. First loves are new, exciting, and "special" due to their novelty but it doesn't make them BETTER than any other loves and experiences.

People and circumstances change and you have to move on. You can always look back and be thankful for what was once shared, but understand that it was a different time and both you and they were different.

• In my opinion no. I think everyone can only truly be IN LOVE with one person and it's going to be with that person forever
    You can be with other people, date them and even marry them, and just love them, but not be in love with them
    So no I don't think you ever do. You just learn to go through life without them

• i used to think that, then when i met the next guy i forgot my first love lol. so yes you do get over them, when u find someone else my friend. i barely even remember him now. the truth is, you always remember the previous person you had feelings for, but when u find someone new you forget them,